Enterprise Vault.cloud™ Archive Administration Help
- Getting started with Archive Administration
- Archive Overview
- Customer Dashboard
- My Config
- About Provisioning
- About Managed Tags
- About Account Management
- Archive Collectors
- About Exchange Online Archiving
- About Bloomberg Archiving
- About Microsoft Teams Archiving
- About OneDrive for Business Archiving
- Role Management
- Policy Management
- Import Data
- Authentication Management
- AD FS Configuration Guide
- Retention Management
- Continuity Management
- Reports Management
- Notification Management
- Personal.cloud Deployment for IBM Notes
- Archive Administration Updates in Previous Releases
- Archive Administration Known Issues
Enabling and disabling the storage expiry setting
After you configure a default retention period, you must enable the storage expiry setting before the collection of archived messages for removal begins.
Any archived messages that meet one or more of the following conditions are not removed from Enterprise Vault.cloud:
Messages that have a matter-level, a search-level, or message-level legal hold applied from Veritas Advanced eDiscovery.
Messages that have a managed tag applied that is associated with a retention policy that has a retention period that exceeds the default retention period.
Messages of an Active Directory distribution group member that is associated with a retention policy that has a retention policy that exceeds the default retention period.
Any archived messages that are removed from Enterprise Vault.cloud cannot be retrieved after removal is complete.
If Advanced Supervision service is enabled,is set to by default and cannot be modified.
To enable or disable the storage expiry setting
- In the left navigation pane, click Storage Expiry.
- At the top of the page, click Edit.
- In the Storage Expiry section, do one of the following:
Select Daily to enable the storage expiry setting.
Select Never to disable the storage expiry setting.
- Click Save.