Enterprise Vault.cloud™ Archive Administration Help
- Getting started with Archive Administration
- Archive Overview
- Customer Dashboard
- My Config
- About Provisioning
- About Managed Tags
- About Account Management
- Archive Collectors
- About Exchange Online Archiving
- About Bloomberg Archiving
- About Microsoft Teams Archiving
- About OneDrive for Business Archiving
- Role Management
- Policy Management
- Import Data
- Authentication Management
- AD FS Configuration Guide
- Retention Management
- Continuity Management
- Reports Management
- Notification Management
- Personal.cloud Deployment for IBM Notes
- Archive Administration Updates in Previous Releases
- Archive Administration Known Issues
Disabling bulk user accounts
Prerequisite: Before you disable user accounts in bulk, ensure that the respective customers, who own these user accounts, have unlicensed these users. Otherwise, these user accounts get enabled again when you perform the O365 synchronization.
To disable bulk user accounts
- In the left navigation pane, under My Config, click Account Management.
- At the top of the Account Management page, click Bulk Disable Users.
The Bulk Disable Users dialog box appears.
- Before you select multiple users for bulk disabling, assuming user name is AAA@test.com, select one of the following renaming patterns:
Select the Rename with disabled string and datetime option to rename it as AAA-Disabled_On_Feb 11 2021 3:48AM@test.com.
Select the Rename with custom string option, and specify the custom string is Disabled to rename it as AAA-Disabled@test.com.
Select the Rename with custom prefix string option, and specify the custom prefix string is ZZZ or ZZZ_ to rename it as ZZZ_AAA@test.com.
- Search for and select multiple user accounts you want to disable simultaneously.
- Click Update to initiate bulk disabling of user accounts.