Enterprise Vault.cloud™ Archive Administration Help
- Getting started with Archive Administration
- Archive Overview
- Customer Dashboard
- My Config
- About Provisioning
- About Managed Tags
- About Account Management
- Archive Collectors
- About Exchange Online Archiving
- About Bloomberg Archiving
- About Microsoft Teams Archiving
- Role Management
- Policy Management
- Import Data
- Authentication Management
- AD FS Configuration Guide
- Retention Management
- Continuity Management
- Reports Management
- Notification Management
- Personal.cloud Deployment for IBM Notes
- Archive Administration Updates in Previous Releases
- Archive Administration Known Issues
Configuring archive options
The Archive Options page under the Policy Management node lets you configure the following options for Enterprise Vault.cloud:
Email Direction - determines whether inbound, outbound, and internal messages are archived in Enterprise Vault.cloud.
Active Folder Synchronization - determines whether Outlook folder synchronization is enabled, for those organizations that subscribe to the Folder Sync service.
Enterprise Vault.cloud Actions - determines whether Personal.cloud users can send, reply, forward, print, or save messages.
Time Zone and Date Format - sets the default time zone and date format for Enterprise Vault.cloud.
Mobile Web Access - determines whether Mobile Web Access is enabled or disabled, and controls related settings.
Privilege Delete - determines whether Discovery Administrator is enabled to permanently delete emails in Advanced eDiscovery.
To configure archive options
- In the left navigation pane, under Policy Management, click Archive Options.
- Click Edit.
- Under Email Direction, select the check box for one or more of the following message types:
Inbound Emails - archive the email messages that are sent to email addresses within your domain from outside your domain.
Outbound Emails - archive the email messages that are sent to email addresses outside your domain from inside your domain.
Internal Emails - archive the email messages that are sent between email addresses within your domain.
By default, all message types are selected.
- Under Active Folder Synchronization, choose whether folder synchronization is Enabled or Disabled.
This feature uses the Folder Sync application to synchronize Microsoft Outlook folders to Enterprise Vault.cloud. The option is only available if your organization subscribes to the service and has the Folder Sync application configured.
- Under Enterprise Vault.cloud Actions, select the check boxes for the actions that you want to enable in Personal.cloud:
Send, Reply and Forward - enables the options to send, reply, and forward messages in Personal.cloud.
Save - enables the option to save archived messages to your computer from Personal.cloud.
Print - enables the option to print archived messages from Personal.cloud.
- Under Time Zone and Date Format, configure the following options:
Personal Time Zone - the time zone for your archive account.
Default Company Time Zone - the default time zone for your organization.
Date Format - the default date format for your organization.
- Under Mobile Web Access, select the required options:
Choose Enabled or Disabled to determine whether Mobile Web Access is enabled or disabled for all archive accounts that have Mobile Web Access permission.
An archive account must have Mobile Web Access permission before the user can use this feature.
Select Automatically grant Mobile Web Access permission for new accounts if you want Enterprise Vault.cloud to grant Mobile Web Access permission for new archive accounts when you create them manually in Archive Administration.
This option does not apply to archive accounts that are created through CloudLink or Exchange Online Sync.
Select Send, Reply and Forward from Mobile Web Access to enable the Send, Reply, and Forward options in Mobile Web Access.
- Under Privileged Delete, choose whether delete emails is Enabled or Disabled.
To use this feature, the Discovery Administrator requires Privilege Delete. You can set Privilege Delete for the Discovery Administrator role. See Editing the built-in administrator roles.
- Under View Delegate Folder Structure, choose whether the ability to view delegate archive folders in PA is Enabled or Disabled.
To use this feature, Folder Sync must be enabled for the account and delegate archives. For delegate archives with Folder Sync enabled, user would be able to see the folder structure on selection in Personal.cloud.
If you have over 4,000 synchronized monitored and delegate archive folders, the loading time in the Active Folders tab might take up to five minutes.
The delegate archive folder structure keeps synchronizing even though the View Delegate Folder Structure option in manage is enabled or disabled. When the delegate account users logs in to Personal.cloud, they can view their folder structure.
- Click Save.