Enterprise Vault.cloud™ Archive Administration Help
- Getting started with Archive Administration
- Archive Overview
- My Config
- About Office 365 mailbox delegation permissions synchronization
- About Provisioning
- About Managed Tags
- About Account Management
- Archive Collectors
- About Box File Archiving
- About Salesforce Chatter Archiving
- About Lync On-Premises Archiving
- About Bloomberg Archiving
- Role Management
- Policy Management
- Import Data
- Authentication Management
- AD FS Configuration Guide
- Retention Management
- Continuity Management
- Reporting and Notifications
- Personal.cloud Deployment for IBM Notes
- Archive Administration Updates in Previous Releases
- Archive Administration Known Issues
About Email Continuity
Email Continuity is an add-on feature that allows Personal.cloud users to send and receive email messages during a mail server outage.
Incoming email messages are typically routed through your email security provider to your mail server. After the messages reach the mail server, they are journaled to Enterprise Vault.cloud. Outgoing messages from your mail server are typically journaled to Enterprise Vault.cloud before they reach their recipients. However, during a mail server outage your mail server cannot receive, send, or journal email messages.
Email Continuity lets you configure your email security provider to use Enterprise Vault.cloud as a secondary gateway for your email when your mail server is unavailable. During a mail server outage your email security provider routes mail to Enterprise Vault.cloud, and users can receive and send email messages through Personal.cloud. When the mail server outage ends the Email Continuity service automatically flushes all the email messages that were sent and received during the outage to your mail server or relay server, for normal delivery.
During an outage, the Email Continuity service attempts to flush messages to your mail server every 5 minutes for up to 7 days.