Enterprise Vault.cloud™ Archive Administration Help
- Getting started with Archive Administration
- Archive Overview
- My Config
- About Office 365 mailbox delegation permissions synchronization
- About Provisioning
- About Managed Tags
- About Account Management
- Archive Collectors
- Role Management
- Policy Management
- Import Data
- Authentication Management
- AD FS Configuration Guide
- Retention Management
- Continuity Management
- Reporting and Notifications
- Personal.cloud Deployment for IBM Notes
- Archive Administration Updates in Previous Releases
- Archive Administration Known Issues
Importing data into archives
Before you use the Import Data feature, note that:
Only .PST files can be imported.
Only one PST file can be uploaded at a time. Thebutton is disabled until the ongoing file upload is complete.
Messages are archived in sender's and recipients' archives by default.
Additionally, you can archive messages in the PST owner's archive.
In this case, an account must be mapped with the specified email address of the PST owner. If required, create an account for the PST owner's email address in the Administration Console (Manage).
You are entitled to a specific amount of data that you can upload every month. When you exhaust the data limit you are entitled, you would be notified when you attempt to upload a .PST file.
To import data into archives
- Sign in to Enterprise Vault.cloud Administration Console (Manage).
You must launch Import Data from the Administration Console. You must not use a direct URL of Import Data.
- In the left navigation pane of Archive Administration, click the Import Data tab.
The Import Data self-service portal opens in a separate browser tab. If you have uploaded data earlier using Import Data, the import data page displays the details about the uploaded .PST files and the status of upload process. Else, the page will be blank.
The Import Data feature is available for only those users who have been assigned administrative rights to import data.
- Click Import.
- On the Import Data page, under Upload PST file and import data, click Browse to browse and select the .PST file that you want to upload. You can only upload one .PST file at a time.
- By default, the Archive message in sender's and recipients' archive check box is selected.
- Select the Archive messages in PST owner's archive check box if you need to archive messages in the PST owner's archive along with the sender's and recipients' archive.
- If you have selected the Archive messages in PST owner's archive check box, enter a valid email address of the .PST owner in the Email of the PST file owner field.
- At the bottom-right of the Upload PST file and import data page, click Upload to upload the .PST file.
The status of the upload process will be displayed on the Import Data page.
The Import button will be disabled until the ongoing upload process is completed.
You must not refresh the page during the upload of the .PST file.