Enterprise Vault.cloud™ Archive Administration Help
- Getting started with Archive Administration
- Archive Overview
- Customer Dashboard
- My Config
- About Provisioning
- About Managed Tags
- About Account Management
- Archive Collectors
- About Exchange Online Archiving
- About Bloomberg Archiving
- About Microsoft Teams Archiving
- About OneDrive for Business Archiving
- Role Management
- Policy Management
- Import Data
- Authentication Management
- AD FS Configuration Guide
- Retention Management
- Continuity Management
- Reports Management
- Notification Management
- Personal.cloud Deployment for IBM Notes
- Archive Administration Updates in Previous Releases
- Archive Administration Known Issues
Importing data into archives
Before you use the Import Data feature, note that:
The yearly quota limit indicator is available that indicates the available data limit for the current year and the consumed limit. The in-progress upload data is considered as a consumed limit. In case of upload failure for upload in-progress files, the data is added back to the available limit within 5 to 10 minutes of the upload failure. (The duration of the yearly quota period is considered from January 1 to December 31.)
Only .PST files can be imported.
You can select and upload multiple .PST files at a time.
You are allowed to select multiple .PST files and/or one CSV file. If the CSV file has a valid account mapping, then account IDs automatically populate on the user interface, along with the valid PST file name. Only .PST files are displayed on the user interface.
Messages are archived in sender's and recipients' archives by default.
Additionally, you can archive messages in the .PST owner's archive.
In this case, an account must be mapped with the specified email address of the .PST owner. If required, create an account for the PST owner's email address in the Administration Console (Manage).
You are entitled to a specific amount of data that you can upload every calendar year. When you consume the data limit you are entitled, you would be notified when you attempt to upload a .PST file.
To import data into archives
- Sign in to Enterprise Vault.cloud Administration Console (Manage).
You must launch Import Data from the Administration Console. You must not use a direct URL of Import Data.
- In the left navigation pane of Archive Administration, click the Import Data link.
The Import Data self-service portal opens in a separate browser tab. If you have uploaded data earlier using Import Data, the import data page displays the details about the uploaded .PST files and the status of upload process. Else, the page will be blank.
The Import Data feature is available for administrators of those customers for whom the Enable Import Data option is checked while creating or updating customer details. The users who have the Import Data privilege can view the Import Data option.
- Click Import.
- On the Import Data page, under Upload PST file and import data, click Browse to browse and select the .PST file that you want to upload.
You can select multiple .PST and one CSV mapping files. After you select the files, a list of PST files is visible in the table along with the mapped email IDs that are populated in the Owner Email field from CSV file.
- By default, the Archive message in sender's and recipients' archive check box is selected for all the selected files.
- Select the Archive messages in PST owner's archive check box if you need to archive messages in the PST owner's archive along with the sender's and recipients' archive.
- If you have selected the CSV mapping file and in that file finds a valid PST and Account ID, then the account email ID populates in the Owner Email field.
You can select or clear this checkbox for your entries and update the owner email field.
- At the bottom-right of the Upload PST file and import data page, click Upload to upload the .PST file.
The Upload button gets enabled when all the errors are resolved in the selected files table. You can delete the file entry from this table or select multiple files to delete entries from table. The status of the upload process is displayed on the Import Data page.
You can use the Import button to select more files.
You must not refresh the page during the upload of the .PST file.
On the Import History page, a list of uploaded files is available. Expand the row to view import start and end dates, total items in PST file, imported items, failed items, non-email items, and oversized items. It shows an error message for the failed to import files.
The following statuses are shown with file entry:
Upload in progress
Uploading the PST file
File upload process completed.
Import in progress
File is in import process.
Queued For import
Job is in queue and waiting to be picked for Import process.
Error occurred while importing file.
All found items are imported.
Import partially complete
All found items are not imported (contains some non email items or failed to import some items or oversized items).
Summary and detailed report for the uploaded .PST files with the count and size of emails imported is available in the reports section of Manage Archive. See Creating a Messaging Report..