Enterprise Vault.cloud™ Archive Administration Help
- Getting started with Archive Administration
- Archive Overview
- My Config
- About Office 365 mailbox delegation permissions synchronization
- About Provisioning
- About Managed Tags
- About Account Management
- Archive Collectors
- About Box File Archiving
- About Salesforce Chatter Archiving
- About Lync On-Premises Archiving
- About Bloomberg Archiving
- Role Management
- Policy Management
- Import Data
- Authentication Management
- AD FS Configuration Guide
- Retention Management
- Continuity Management
- Reporting and Notifications
- Personal.cloud Deployment for IBM Notes
- Archive Administration Updates in Previous Releases
- Archive Administration Known Issues
Configuring the default retention period
The default retention period determines how long archived messages are retained in Enterprise Vault.cloud. To begin the process of removing messages from Enterprise Vault.cloud, you configure the default retention period and enable the storage expiry setting.
If Advanced Supervision service is enabled, Default Retention Period appears as read only and cannot be modified.
To configure the default retention period
- In the left navigation pane, click Retention Policies.
- In the Default Retention Period section, click Edit.
- In the Days field, enter the retention period.
- Click Save.
After you configure the default retention period for the first time, you can only edit the existing period. If you no longer want to collect archived messages for removal from Enterprise Vault.cloud, you can disable the storage expiry setting.