Enterprise Vault™ Compliance Accelerator Administrator's Guide
- Introducing Compliance Accelerator
- Product documentation
- Introducing the Compliance Accelerator client
- Setting up employees and employee groups
- Assigning roles to employees
- Working with departments
- Implementing Chinese Walls security
- Managing exception employees
- Grouping departments into partitions
- Using attributes to classify departments
- Searching for items
- About searching with Compliance Accelerator
- Building Compliance Accelerator search schedules
- Defining hotwords to search for
- Manually reviewing items
- About reviewing with Compliance Accelerator
- Escalating items
- Working with research folders
- Exporting items
- Creating and viewing reports
- Available Compliance Accelerator reports
- About viewing Compliance Accelerator datasets using the OData web service
- Appendix A. Customizing Compliance Accelerator
- Setting Compliance Accelerator system configuration options
- Appendix B. Importing configuration data from an XML file
- Appendix C. Troubleshooting
- Issues with Compliance Accelerator reports
About searching with Compliance Accelerator
As an alternative to randomly sampling items, you can search for the items that meet certain criteria and add them to the review set. Compliance Accelerator lets you create a search that runs in one department only, or you can create an application-wide search that runs in multiple departments. This process involves the following activities:
Running one or more searches on the relevant vault stores for suitable information. Compliance Accelerator offers a wide range of search criteria from which to choose: words and phrases to look for, date ranges, message size, author and recipient addresses, and more.
Studying the search results to assess their suitability, and then either accepting or rejecting the results.
Searching again, until you have amassed all the information that you need.
When you are happy with the search results, you then go on to review the items that you have found.
You can build search schedules if you want to run searches at set times or set up recurrent searches that run automatically. You can also customize the list of Enterprise Vault archives in which Compliance Accelerator searches for items.
If you want to search for instances of certain words in your employee's communications, you can store them as hotwords. When you next define the criteria for a search, you can select the hotwords from a list.