Enterprise Vault™ Compliance Accelerator Administrator's Guide
- Introducing Compliance Accelerator
- Product documentation
- Introducing the Compliance Accelerator client
- Setting up employees and employee groups
- Assigning roles to employees
- Working with departments
- Implementing Chinese Walls security
- Managing exception employees
- Grouping departments into partitions
- Using attributes to classify departments
- Searching for items
- About searching with Compliance Accelerator
- Building Compliance Accelerator search schedules
- Defining hotwords to search for
- Manually reviewing items
- About reviewing with Compliance Accelerator
- Escalating items
- Working with research folders
- Exporting items
- Creating and viewing reports
- Available Compliance Accelerator reports
- About viewing Compliance Accelerator datasets using the OData web service
- Appendix A. Customizing Compliance Accelerator
- Setting Compliance Accelerator system configuration options
- Appendix B. Importing configuration data from an XML file
- Appendix C. Troubleshooting
- Issues with Compliance Accelerator reports
Performing an export run
If you want to review items offline or present them in evidence to a third party, you must export them from Compliance Accelerator. There are several output formats from which to choose, including PST, Domino NSF database, HTML, MSG, and ZIP. Export to HTML if you want to export both the item itself and its action status history. This history identifies the reviewers who displayed a preview or printable version of the item, downloaded the original version of the item, or marked it, and the date and time at which they did so.
As well as exporting the selected items, Compliance Accelerator also outputs some reports in HTML, plain-text, and XML formats. All three reports list the items that you have exported, and the HTML report provides hyperlinks to the items.
You must have the Export Messages permission to export items from a department. By default, all the reviewers and supervisors in the department have this permission. However, the option to export escalated items is available to those with the Export Escalations permission only. By default, only users with the role of escalation reviewer have this permission.
To perform an export run
- Click the Departments tab in the Compliance Accelerator client.
- In the left pane, click the department from which you want to export items.
If Compliance Accelerator lists a lot of departments, you can filter the list with the fields at the top of the pane. As well as filtering the departments by name, you can choose whether to list any research folders that are associated with them.
- Click the Export tab.
- Click New at the top of the window.
The Export Details pane appears.
- In the Name box, type a name for the run.
The name that you specify here becomes the name of the subfolder in which Compliance Accelerator stores the output from the run.
- In the Output folder box, type the path to the folder on the Compliance Accelerator server in which you want to store the output from the run.
The folder path can contain up to 100 characters.
Compliance Accelerator places the output from the run in a subfolder of the nominated folder.
- In the Items Selection box, choose the items that you want to export.
The options are as follows:
Specifies the ID of an individual item that you want to export. To determine the ID of an item, view the item in the Review pane.
Selects items by their type, such as Microsoft Exchange or Domino.
Selects items that are traveling in a certain direction.
Selects items that have either been captured and added to the review set using the monitoring policy (Randomly Sampled) or captured as a result of searches (Search).
Selects items by the policy action with which your policy management software has tagged them.
This action can be one of the following: Inclusion (demands or suggests capture), Exclusion (precludes capture or advocates non-capture), and No Action (the item is subject to normal random sampling).
Selects items that Compliance Accelerator captured over the specified period.
Selects items that the specified search has captured.
Current action status
Selects items by their action status, such as Unreviewed, Pending, or Questioned.
Current action status author
Selects items by the person who last assigned a review mark to them.
Selects items by whether they have been escalated to an escalation reviewer and subsequently closed by that reviewer.
Selects items by the escalation reviewer who has responsibility for them.
Selects items by the person who escalated them to an escalation reviewer for further attention.
Current appraisal status
Selects items by whether a supervisor has appraised them. This option is only visible to supervisors with Apply Appraisal Status permission.
Current appraisal status author
Selects items by the supervisor who last assigned a mark to them. This option is only visible to supervisors with Apply Appraisal Status permission.
Selects items by the specific policy with which your policy management software has tagged them.
- Select Include journal recipients in reports if you want the export reports to include recipient information from the journal envelope (P1) of Exchange or SMTP journal items. This lists all the recipients of each item, regardless of their placement in the To, CC and BCC fields.
Compliance Accelerator does not include recipient information from Domino journal items.
- Choose whether to export the items in their original format, as HTML, or collected in a ZIP file.
If you click Original Type, you can choose to output Microsoft Exchange items as individual MSG files and SMTP items as individual EML files, or encapsulate them all in a single Personal Folders (
If you click PST, Compliance Accelerator displays some additional options with which you can set a password and a maximum roll-over size for the file. The password can contain alphanumeric characters only. The default size of each PST file is 600 MB, and it cannot exceed 20 GB.
If you click HTML, Compliance Accelerator displays some additional options with which you can choose to include comments and action status history. This history identifies the reviewers who displayed a preview or printable version of each item, downloaded the original version of the item, or marked it, and the date and time at which they did so.
You must set the configuration option "Log preview actions in item history" to log when reviewers display previews or printable versions of items or download the items in their original form.
If you click Zip, you can set a maximum roll-over size for each ZIP file. The default is 1024 MB (1 GB).
You can export all types of items to a ZIP file. However, if you choose to export Domino items, Compliance Accelerator collects them first into a Domino NSF database and then adds this to the ZIP file.
- In the Number of items to export box, type the required number of items. Note that Compliance Accelerator exports the oldest items. For example, if you choose to export 100 items, Compliance Accelerator exports the 100 oldest items that match the selected options.
- If you are exporting file system items or Domino items and want to make them read-only so that they cannot be changed or accidentally deleted, select Read Only.
- Click Apply.
- When the run has finished, open the output folder on the Compliance Accelerator server to retrieve the exported items. This folder also includes the reports that list the items that you have exported.