Enterprise Vault™ Compliance Accelerator Administrator's Guide
- Introducing Compliance Accelerator
- Product documentation
- Introducing the Compliance Accelerator client
- Setting up employees and employee groups
- Assigning roles to employees
- Working with departments
- Implementing Chinese Walls security
- Managing exception employees
- Grouping departments into partitions
- Using attributes to classify departments
- Searching for items
- About searching with Compliance Accelerator
- Building Compliance Accelerator search schedules
- Defining hotwords to search for
- Manually reviewing items
- About reviewing with Compliance Accelerator
- Escalating items
- Working with research folders
- Exporting items
- Creating and viewing reports
- Available Compliance Accelerator reports
- About viewing Compliance Accelerator datasets using the OData web service
- Appendix A. Customizing Compliance Accelerator
- Setting Compliance Accelerator system configuration options
- Appendix B. Importing configuration data from an XML file
- Appendix C. Troubleshooting
- Issues with Compliance Accelerator reports
Creating and running Compliance Accelerator searches
You can create a search that runs in one department only, or you can create an application-level search that runs in multiple departments. If you want to run searches at set times or set up recurrent searches, you can create search schedules. Create the schedule before you create the search.
You must have the Search Capture permission to create a search that runs in one department only. You require the Application Search permission to create application-level searches. By default, users with the department role of Rule Admin or exception reviewer have the first permission. Users with the application role of App User Admin have the second permission.
To create and run a Compliance Accelerator search
- Do one of the following:
To create a search that runs in multiple departments, click the Application tab in the Compliance Accelerator client.
To create a search that runs in one department only, click the Departments tab in the Compliance Accelerator client, and then click the required department in the left pane.
To create a search that runs in a research folder, click the Research tab in the Compliance Accelerator client and then click the required folder in the left pane.
If Compliance Accelerator lists a lot of departments and folders, you can filter the list with the fields at the top of the pane.
- Click the Searches tab.
- Click New Search.
The search properties pane appears.
- If you are creating a search that runs in a research folder, and you clicked All Research in the left pane, Compliance Accelerator prompts you to select a department with which to associate the search. Make your selection, and then click Search.
- Enter the required search criteria.
- Click Save to start an immediate search or queue a scheduled search to start automatically at the appointed time.
The Search Details pane provides the following information:
Shows the name of the archive that Compliance Accelerator has searched.
Provides the ID of the volume that holds the archive.
Indicates the type of vault store that contains the archive.
Shows the current status of the search in each archive.
Shows the amount of time that Compliance Accelerator has taken to search each archive.
Shows the number of items in each archive that match the search criteria.
Provides details of any errors that occurred.
You can filter the list of archives by selecting an option in the Show list. For example, you can filter the archives to show the top 2000 archives by hits, or all archives with a status of "Error". To download the search details as a comma-separated value (CSV) file, click Download Search Details for All Archives.
When the search has completed, choose whether to accept or reject the results. Note the following:
Compliance Accelerator does not add the captured items to the review set until you accept the search results. If you did not select Automatically accept search results, you must manually accept or reject the results.
If you reject the results of a search, Compliance Accelerator deletes the search and results from the database. However, it leaves the actual items in the archives.
It is important that search results make sense because, after you accept the search, you cannot undo it.