Enterprise Vault™ Compliance Accelerator Administrator's Guide
- Introducing Compliance Accelerator
- Product documentation
- Introducing the Compliance Accelerator client
- Setting up employees and employee groups
- Assigning roles to employees
- Working with departments
- Implementing Chinese Walls security
- Managing exception employees
- Grouping departments into partitions
- Using attributes to classify departments
- Searching for items
- About searching with Compliance Accelerator
- Building Compliance Accelerator search schedules
- Defining hotwords to search for
- Manually reviewing items
- About reviewing with Compliance Accelerator
- Escalating items
- Working with research folders
- Exporting items
- Creating and viewing reports
- Available Compliance Accelerator reports
- About viewing Compliance Accelerator datasets using the OData web service
- Appendix A. Customizing Compliance Accelerator
- Setting Compliance Accelerator system configuration options
- Appendix B. Importing configuration data from an XML file
- Appendix C. Troubleshooting
- Issues with Compliance Accelerator reports
Creating Compliance Accelerator roles
To create a role
- Click the Application tab in the Compliance Accelerator client, and then click the Roles tab.
- Click New at the top of the window.
The Role Details pane appears.
- In the right pane, type a unique name and an optional description for the role.
The role name can contain up to 50 characters. The description can contain up to 250 characters.
- In the Scope box, choose whether to make the permissions that are associated with the role effective throughout the application or at the department level only. You cannot create folder-level roles.
Users with application roles can only perform tasks in a specific department if they have been assigned the appropriate roles in that department. To perform tasks in more than one department, the users must be assigned the appropriate role in every department that they need to access.
The selection that you make determines the permissions that are available.
- Choose the permissions to associate with the role.
- Click Save.