Enterprise Vault™ Compliance Accelerator Administrator's Guide
- Introducing Compliance Accelerator
- Product documentation
- Introducing the Compliance Accelerator client
- Setting up employees and employee groups
- Assigning roles to employees
- Working with departments
- Implementing Chinese Walls security
- Managing exception employees
- Grouping departments into partitions
- Using attributes to classify departments
- Searching for items
- About searching with Compliance Accelerator
- Building Compliance Accelerator search schedules
- Defining hotwords to search for
- Manually reviewing items
- About reviewing with Compliance Accelerator
- Escalating items
- Working with research folders
- Exporting items
- Creating and viewing reports
- Available Compliance Accelerator reports
- About viewing Compliance Accelerator datasets using the OData web service
- Appendix A. Customizing Compliance Accelerator
- Setting Compliance Accelerator system configuration options
- Appendix B. Importing configuration data from an XML file
- Appendix C. Troubleshooting
- Issues with Compliance Accelerator reports
Security configuration options
Use these settings to implement Chinese walls security restrictions on what users can access in Compliance Accelerator.
A Chinese wall is a metaphor used to refer to the practice of ensuring that different parts of an organization are kept apart so that information does not circulate freely and to prevent conflicts of interest. By implementing Chinese walls, you can stop users in one part of your organization from giving access to departments and folders to users in another part of the organization.
Bypass Department Users Permissions check when removing all roles
Lets users who do not have the Manage Department User permission remove Department Users from departments.
Enable Chinese Wall Department Users
Prevents users from being assigned to roles in a department unless they have first been assigned to the Department User role in that department.
Use SQL Server SysAdmin Server Role for Schedules
When selected, makes the SQL Server sysadmin logon the creator and owner of Compliance Accelerator search schedules.
If you want to lock down your SQL Server instance, clear this setting and consult the following article on the Veritas Support website for further instructions: