Enterprise Vault™ Compliance Accelerator Administrator's Guide
- Introducing Compliance Accelerator
- Product documentation
- Introducing the Compliance Accelerator client
- Setting up employees and employee groups
- Assigning roles to employees
- Working with departments
- Implementing Chinese Walls security
- Managing exception employees
- Grouping departments into partitions
- Using attributes to classify departments
- Searching for items
- About searching with Compliance Accelerator
- Building Compliance Accelerator search schedules
- Defining hotwords to search for
- Manually reviewing items
- About reviewing with Compliance Accelerator
- Escalating items
- Working with research folders
- Exporting items
- Creating and viewing reports
- Available Compliance Accelerator reports
- About viewing Compliance Accelerator datasets using the OData web service
- Appendix A. Customizing Compliance Accelerator
- Setting Compliance Accelerator system configuration options
- Appendix B. Importing configuration data from an XML file
- Appendix C. Troubleshooting
- Issues with Compliance Accelerator reports
Compliance Accelerator lets you organize monitored employees into departments that reflect the structure of your company. For example, you can create departments that are called "Marketing", "Sales", and "Engineering". Then you can add the employees that you want to monitor to the appropriate departments.
After you have set up multiple departments, you can group them into partitions. This facility lets you restrict the scope of searches to items to and from monitored employees in departments in the same partition. If you do not define any partitions, the searches that you initiate in one department can include the items of employees in other departments.
For random sampling purposes, any changes that you make to a department and its associated employees and monitoring policies take effect when the sooner of the two following events occurs:
You manually restart the Enterprise Vault storage service.
The Compliance Sampling process on the Enterprise Vault storage server automatically synchronizes with the configuration data from the Compliance Accelerator customer databases. By default this happens every 60 minutes, but you can adjust the frequency by using the configuration option "Stale config timeout (mins)".