Enterprise Vault™ Compliance Accelerator Administrator's Guide
- Introducing Compliance Accelerator
- Product documentation
- Introducing the Compliance Accelerator client
- Setting up employees and employee groups
- Assigning roles to employees
- Working with departments
- Implementing Chinese Walls security
- Managing exception employees
- Grouping departments into partitions
- Using attributes to classify departments
- Searching for items
- About searching with Compliance Accelerator
- Building Compliance Accelerator search schedules
- Defining hotwords to search for
- Manually reviewing items
- About reviewing with Compliance Accelerator
- Escalating items
- Working with research folders
- Exporting items
- Creating and viewing reports
- Available Compliance Accelerator reports
- About viewing Compliance Accelerator datasets using the OData web service
- Appendix A. Customizing Compliance Accelerator
- Setting Compliance Accelerator system configuration options
- Appendix B. Importing configuration data from an XML file
- Appendix C. Troubleshooting
- Issues with Compliance Accelerator reports
Editing the monitoring policy for employees and groups
You can define the percentage of items that Compliance Accelerator should capture for each employee and add to the review set each day. If you monitor different types of items (for example, Microsoft Exchange, Domino, and instant message), you can set a percentage for each type. For some types of items, such as Exchange and Domino, you can also set percentages on the items that travel in a particular direction (internal, external outbound, or external inbound).
If you use policy management software to classify items, the items that you capture through this method contribute to the monitoring policy quota that you define. When these items do not wholly satisfy the quota, Compliance Accelerator makes up the shortfall with randomly-sampled items.
You must have the Assign % Review permission to edit the monitoring policy for an employee. By default, users with the department role of Rule Admin have this permission.
To edit the monitoring policy for an employee or group
- Click the Departments tab in the Compliance Accelerator client.
- In the Departments pane at the left, click the required department.
- Click the Monitored Employees tab.
The Monitored Employees pane appears.
- Click the employee or group for which you want to amend the monitoring policy.
- Enter the required details in the pane at the right.
Select Review requirement for all policies if you want to set the same monitoring policy for all types of items. For example, you would set this option to 75 to require that 75% of all types of items are captured and reviewed. Alternatively, select Review requirement per policy to set different monitoring policies for different types of items.
For Exchange, SMTP, Domino, and fax items, the various types of items are as follows:
Internal. Selects the items where the author and all recipients are internal to your organization.
Inbound. Selects the items where the author is external to your organization and at least one recipient is internal.
Outbound. Selects the items where the author is internal to your organization and at least one recipient is external.
- Select Ignore Department cap if you do not want the cap limit for the department to apply to the employee or group.
The cap limit applies only to randomly-sampled items that you capture in statistical sampling mode. It does not apply to the following:
Randomly-sampled items that you capture in guaranteed sampling mode.
Items that you find when you conduct searches.
Items that policy management software has tagged for inclusion in the review set.
- Click Save.