Enterprise Vault™ Compliance Accelerator Administrator's Guide
- Introducing Compliance Accelerator
- Product documentation
- Introducing the Compliance Accelerator client
- Setting up employees and employee groups
- Assigning roles to employees
- Working with departments
- Implementing Chinese Walls security
- Managing exception employees
- Grouping departments into partitions
- Using attributes to classify departments
- Searching for items
- About searching with Compliance Accelerator
- Building Compliance Accelerator search schedules
- Defining hotwords to search for
- Manually reviewing items
- About reviewing with Compliance Accelerator
- Escalating items
- Working with research folders
- Exporting items
- Creating and viewing reports
- Available Compliance Accelerator reports
- About viewing Compliance Accelerator datasets using the OData web service
- Appendix A. Customizing Compliance Accelerator
- Setting Compliance Accelerator system configuration options
- Appendix B. Importing configuration data from an XML file
- Appendix C. Troubleshooting
- Issues with Compliance Accelerator reports
Filtering the items in the Review pane
The options at the left of the Review pane provide a large number of criteria with which you can filter the items for review.
To filter the items in the Review pane
- In the Mode drop-down list, choose whether to perform a standard review of the items in the review set or an escalation review.
Escalation Review mode is available to escalation reviewers only. It lets these reviewers view and mark the items that other reviewers have escalated to them for further attention.
- In the Department drop-down list at the top of the filter pane, select the department or folder for which you want to display the items in the review set.
- In the Items drop-down list, select a group of items that you want to review. The options are as follows:
This option lets you reserve the specified number of items in the review set. Other reviewers cannot see these items until you have finished work on them.
This option lets you view all the items in the review set, even if they have been assigned to other reviewers.
You may duplicate the work of other reviewers if you use this option. Therefore, we recommend that you select this option only if there are no other reviewers working alongside you, or you want to browse the items without marking them.
- In the Filter section, select the facets (item classifications) that you want to apply. To show the available values, click the facet name or the arrow at the left of the name.
The following table lists all the available facets in alphabetical order.
Selects items by the name of the person who sent them.
Selects items that Compliance Accelerator has captured over the specified period.
Selects items by the method that Compliance Accelerator has used to capture them and add them to the review set. The options are as follows:
Search. Selects items that have been captured as a result of searches.
Random Sampling. Selects items that Compliance Accelerator has captured and added to the review set according to your designated monitoring policy.
Ad-hoc. Selects items that have been added to research folders.
Guaranteed Sample Search. Selects the results of guaranteed sample searches.
Selects items to which reviewers have added comments.
Selects items by the date on which they were created.
Selects items that have traveled in the specified direction. The options are as follows:
Internal. Selects items where the author and all recipients are internal to your organization.
External Inbound. Selects items where the author is external to your organization and at least one recipient is internal.
External Outbound. Selects items where the author is internal to your organization and at least one recipient is external.
Selects items by the person who escalated them to an escalation reviewer for further attention.
Selects items by the escalation reviewer who has responsibility for them.
Selects items by whether they have been escalated to an escalation reviewer or subsequently closed by that reviewer.
Last marked by
Select items by the reviewer who last assigned a mark to them.
Number of attachments
Selects items by the number of attachments that they have.
Selects items by the policy with which your policy management software has tagged them.
Selects items by the policy action with which your policy management software has tagged them. This action can be one of the following:
Include (demands or suggests capture in the review set).
Exclude (precludes capture or advocates non-capture in the review set).
Selects items that one or more scheduled searches have captured.
Selects items that one or more searches have captured.
Selects items by their size in kilobytes.
Selects items by their status, such as Pending or Questioned.
Selects items by their type.
Note the following:
Each facet value is a hyperlink that, when clicked, selects that value and immediately filters the item list accordingly. Click the facet value again to remove it from the filter.
If you have already selected one or more values within the same facet, clicking another one deselects the others. However, it does not affect any values that you have selected within other facets.
The numbers next to the facet values show the number of matching items. After you apply the filter, Compliance Accelerator updates these numbers to show how many of the items are now in the item list. For example, the values for the Author facet initially show the number of matching items in the entire review set. If you then set the value of the Status facet to Unreviewed and apply this filter, the Author values are updated to show only the number of unreviewed items for each author.
Facet values that are shown in an italicized font do not have any matching items in the current item list.
When you select two or more values for a facet, Compliance Accelerator looks for items that match any of the values. For example, you can choose to view all the items that have a status of Pending or Questioned by selecting both values.
When you select values for two or more different facets, Compliance Accelerator looks for items that match all the facets. For example, selecting the status value Pending and the type value Exchange matches only those items that have a status of Pending and a type of Exchange.
When a facet has a large number of possible values, Compliance Accelerator displays an abbreviated list of the most relevant values. You can add more values to the list by clicking the blue hyperlinks at the end of the list.
If you frequently use the same facet settings to filter the items in the Review pane, you can save them as a preset by clicking the Save button at the right of the Preset box. Then you can quickly apply the settings by selecting the preset from the drop-down list.
You can apply marks to items by right-clicking the facet values. For example, to mark all the items by a particular author, right-click the author's name in the list and then click Mark all items.
- Click Apply at the top of the filter pane.