Enterprise Vault™ Compliance Accelerator Administrator's Guide
- Introducing Compliance Accelerator
- Product documentation
- Introducing the Compliance Accelerator client
- Setting up employees and employee groups
- Assigning roles to employees
- Working with departments
- Implementing Chinese Walls security
- Managing exception employees
- Grouping departments into partitions
- Using attributes to classify departments
- Searching for items
- About searching with Compliance Accelerator
- Building Compliance Accelerator search schedules
- Defining hotwords to search for
- Manually reviewing items
- About reviewing with Compliance Accelerator
- Escalating items
- Working with research folders
- Exporting items
- Creating and viewing reports
- Available Compliance Accelerator reports
- About viewing Compliance Accelerator datasets using the OData web service
- Appendix A. Customizing Compliance Accelerator
- Setting Compliance Accelerator system configuration options
- Appendix B. Importing configuration data from an XML file
- Appendix C. Troubleshooting
- Issues with Compliance Accelerator reports
Searching the items of exception employees
When you create an application search for multiple departments, Compliance Accelerator does not search the exception employees in those departments unless you explicitly instruct it to do so. For an alternative way to search an exception's items, follow the steps below.
To search the items of an exception employee
- Click the Departments tab in the Compliance Accelerator client.
- In the Departments pane at the left, select the filter option Show Exceptions.
- Click the name of the exception employee whose items you want to search.
- Click the Searches tab.
- Create a new search and accept the results in the normal way.
Compliance Accelerator stores the accepted results in the review set for the exception. This review set is separate from the review set for the rest of the department employees. Only those exception reviewers who are assigned to the exception can access it.
By default, items whose sender or recipient is an exception employee are not restricted to the review sets of the nominated exception reviewers; they can appear in department review sets as well. If the exception employee also has a reviewing role in the department, this can lead to the situation where the exception employee can mark his or her own items. You can block this behavior by setting a configuration option, Prevent self-review.