Enterprise Vault™ Compliance Accelerator Administrator's Guide
- Introducing Compliance Accelerator
- Product documentation
- Introducing the Compliance Accelerator client
- Setting up employees and employee groups
- Assigning roles to employees
- Working with departments
- Implementing Chinese Walls security
- Managing exception employees
- Grouping departments into partitions
- Using attributes to classify departments
- Searching for items
- About searching with Compliance Accelerator
- Building Compliance Accelerator search schedules
- Defining hotwords to search for
- Manually reviewing items
- About reviewing with Compliance Accelerator
- Escalating items
- Working with research folders
- Exporting items
- Creating and viewing reports
- Available Compliance Accelerator reports
- About viewing Compliance Accelerator datasets using the OData web service
- Appendix A. Customizing Compliance Accelerator
- Setting Compliance Accelerator system configuration options
- Appendix B. Importing configuration data from an XML file
- Appendix C. Troubleshooting
- Issues with Compliance Accelerator reports
Moving employees or groups between departments
When an employee moves from one department to another, it is desirable to update Compliance Accelerator accordingly. The following conditions must apply before you can move monitored employees and employee groups from one department to another:
You must have the Add Monitored Employees permission in both departments. By default, users with the department role of User Admin have this permission.
In the properties for the target department, the option "Can contain monitored employees" must be selected.
When you move an employee or group to a new department, Compliance Accelerator applies the monitoring policy in that department to the employee or group. Similarly, the department reviewers in the new department rather than those in the old department are responsible for monitoring the employee or group. However, exception employees retain their old exception reviewers.
To move an employee or group between departments
- Click the Departments tab in the Compliance Accelerator client.
- In the Departments pane at the left, click the department that contains the employee or group that you want to move.
- Click the Monitored Employees tab.
- Drag the employee or group from the Monitored Employees list and drop it on the required department in the Departments pane.
- Click Move to confirm that you want to move the employee or group.