Enterprise Vault™ Compliance Accelerator Administrator's Guide
- Introducing Compliance Accelerator
- Product documentation
- Introducing the Compliance Accelerator client
- Setting up employees and employee groups
- Assigning roles to employees
- Working with departments
- Implementing Chinese Walls security
- Managing exception employees
- Grouping departments into partitions
- Using attributes to classify departments
- Searching for items
- About searching with Compliance Accelerator
- Building Compliance Accelerator search schedules
- Defining hotwords to search for
- Manually reviewing items
- About reviewing with Compliance Accelerator
- Escalating items
- Working with research folders
- Exporting items
- Creating and viewing reports
- Available Compliance Accelerator reports
- About viewing Compliance Accelerator datasets using the OData web service
- Appendix A. Customizing Compliance Accelerator
- Setting Compliance Accelerator system configuration options
- Appendix B. Importing configuration data from an XML file
- Appendix C. Troubleshooting
- Issues with Compliance Accelerator reports
You must have the application permission Add Hotwords to add global hotwords, and the department permission Add Hotwords to add department-level hotwords. By default, users with the application role of App Rule Admin have the first permission, whereas users with the department role of Rule Admin have the second.
To add a hotword
Do one of the following:
To add a global hotword, click the Application tab in the Compliance Accelerator client, and then click the Hotwords tab.
To add a department-level hotword, click the Departments tab and then click the required department in the left pane. Then click the Hotwords tab.
- Select the hotword set to which you want to add the new hotword, or select All Hotwords to add a hotword that is not associated with any set.
- In the Hotwords box at the right, click New.
- Click OK when you have finished.
Type the hotwords and phrases. Observe the following guidelines as you do so:
Each word or phrase can contain up to 100 characters, and it must be on a new line.
Enclose phrases in double quotation marks. If you copy and paste quoted phrases from programs such as Microsoft Word, take care to replace any curly quotation marks ("smart quotes") with straight ones. Compliance Accelerator does not recognize curly quotation marks as double quotation marks.
You can append a wildcard character to the end of the word or phrase to represent other characters. An asterisk (*) represents zero or more characters, and a question mark (?) represents exactly one character. For example, the hotword commodit* matches both "commodity" and "commodities".
You must type at least the first three characters of the word or phrase to which you append the wildcard character.
Try not to over-use wildcard characters in the hotwords and phrases that you add to the criteria of a search. The greater the use of wildcard characters, the more complex the search becomes. This can lead to longer running searches and excessive memory usage.
Compliance Accelerator ignores any punctuation symbols or other special characters, such as % or $, that you include in a hotword or phrase. For example, US@100 matches not only US@100 but also US 100 and US$100.
Place a minus sign (-) at the start of a hotword or phrase to indicate that you want to exclude from the search results any items that contain the word or phrase. For example, consider the following:
Only items that contain the word "buy" but do not contain the word "commodity" or "commodities" match this phrase.
- Click Save.