Enterprise Vault™ Compliance Accelerator Administrator's Guide
- Introducing Compliance Accelerator
- Product documentation
- Introducing the Compliance Accelerator client
- Setting up employees and employee groups
- Assigning roles to employees
- Working with departments
- Implementing Chinese Walls security
- Managing exception employees
- Grouping departments into partitions
- Using attributes to classify departments
- Searching for items
- About searching with Compliance Accelerator
- Building Compliance Accelerator search schedules
- Defining hotwords to search for
- Manually reviewing items
- About reviewing with Compliance Accelerator
- Escalating items
- Working with research folders
- Exporting items
- Creating and viewing reports
- Available Compliance Accelerator reports
- About viewing Compliance Accelerator datasets using the OData web service
- Appendix A. Customizing Compliance Accelerator
- Setting Compliance Accelerator system configuration options
- Appendix B. Importing configuration data from an XML file
- Appendix C. Troubleshooting
- Issues with Compliance Accelerator reports
Opening the Compliance Accelerator client
Note the following:
If you use the Compliance Accelerator client a lot, you may want to create a shortcut for it on the Windows desktop.
If you want to run the Compliance Accelerator client on a Windows 8/8.1/10 computer then, for optimum performance, we recommend that you run it in Windows 7 or Windows XP compatibility mode. See the Windows documentation for guidelines on how to do this.
To open the Compliance Accelerator client
- Click the shortcut for the Compliance Accelerator client.
After a few moments, the Select a Compliance Accelerator instance to connect to dialog box appears.
- In the Server box, type the name or IP address of the computer on which the Compliance Accelerator server software is running.
You can type the IP address in either IPv4 or IPv6 format.
- In the Instance box, select the Compliance Accelerator instance (customer database) that you want to access. Click the down arrow at the right of the box to list the available instances.
Each instance stores the details of a set of departments that you want to review. It also stores the associated user roles, search results, research folders, and more. Therefore, you may have multiple instances from which to choose.
- Clear Ask every time the application is opened if you always want to connect to the same instance without first displaying the Select a Compliance Accelerator instance to connect to dialog box.
- Click Connect.
After a few moments, the home page of the Compliance Accelerator client appears.
To close the Compliance Accelerator client
- Click the close button in the upper-right corner of the window.