Enterprise Vault™ Compliance Accelerator Administrator's Guide
- Introducing Compliance Accelerator
- Product documentation
- Introducing the Compliance Accelerator client
- Setting up employees and employee groups
- Assigning roles to employees
- Working with departments
- Implementing Chinese Walls security
- Managing exception employees
- Grouping departments into partitions
- Using attributes to classify departments
- Searching for items
- About searching with Compliance Accelerator
- Building Compliance Accelerator search schedules
- Defining hotwords to search for
- Manually reviewing items
- About reviewing with Compliance Accelerator
- Escalating items
- Working with research folders
- Exporting items
- Creating and viewing reports
- Available Compliance Accelerator reports
- About viewing Compliance Accelerator datasets using the OData web service
- Appendix A. Customizing Compliance Accelerator
- Setting Compliance Accelerator system configuration options
- Appendix B. Importing configuration data from an XML file
- Appendix C. Troubleshooting
- Issues with Compliance Accelerator reports
Selecting the archives in which to search
You can customize the list of Enterprise Vault archives in which Compliance Accelerator searches for items. For example, there may be archives that you want to exclude from any searches because they contain irrelevant material.
As well as setting the default, global list of archives, which are available to the searches you conduct in any department, you can customize the searchable archives for individual departments.
You must have the application permission Modify System Configuration to set the global list of archives, and the department permission Configure Department Properties to set a department-level archive list. By default, users with the application role of Compliance System Admin have the first permission, whereas users with the department role of User Admin have the second.
To select the archives in which to search
Do one of the following:
To set the default list of archives that are available to all departments, click the Application tab in the Compliance Accelerator client, and then click the Archives tab.
To set the list of archives in which to search for one department only, click the Departments tab and then click the required department in the left pane. Then click the Archives tab.
If Compliance Accelerator lists a lot of departments, you can filter the list with the fields at the top of the pane. As well as filtering the departments by name, you can choose whether to list any research folders that are associated with them.
- Choose the archives in which to conduct searches.
When many archives match the current selection and filter criteria, Compliance Accelerator may take some time to list them all. In these circumstances, Compliance Accelerator displays a prompt that advises you to change the criteria in order to reduce the number of listed archives. You can either do this or click Show All Archives to list all the archives. To stop the prompt from appearing each time you return to this pane during the current session, select Don't show again in this session before you click Show All Archives.
By default, Compliance Accelerator displays the prompt when more than 50,000 archives match the current criteria. To change this threshold, set the configuration option called "Display warning in Archives pane when number of archives to load exceeds this threshold".
Use the following techniques to include or exclude archives:
If you want to set the list of archives in which to search for one department only, select Customize searchable archives for this department.
Select or clear a vault store at the left to include its archives in searches or exclude them from searches.
Click a vault store at the left to list the associated archives at the right. Then select or clear the archives to include or exclude them.
The Status column shows whether each archive has been copied, moved, or deleted as part of a Move Archive operation by the Enterprise Vault administrator.
If Compliance Accelerator lists a large number of archives, you can filter the list with the fields at the top of the right pane.
Select or clear the Archive Name box at the top of the right pane to include or exclude all the available archives.
- Click Save.