Enterprise Vault™ Compliance Accelerator Administrator's Guide
- Introducing Compliance Accelerator
- Product documentation
- Introducing the Compliance Accelerator client
- Setting up employees and employee groups
- Assigning roles to employees
- Working with departments
- Implementing Chinese Walls security
- Managing exception employees
- Grouping departments into partitions
- Using attributes to classify departments
- Searching for items
- About searching with Compliance Accelerator
- Building Compliance Accelerator search schedules
- Defining hotwords to search for
- Manually reviewing items
- About reviewing with Compliance Accelerator
- Escalating items
- Working with research folders
- Exporting items
- Creating and viewing reports
- Available Compliance Accelerator reports
- About viewing Compliance Accelerator datasets using the OData web service
- Appendix A. Customizing Compliance Accelerator
- Setting Compliance Accelerator system configuration options
- Appendix B. Importing configuration data from an XML file
- Appendix C. Troubleshooting
- Issues with Compliance Accelerator reports
Exporting items from research folders
If you want to review items offline or present them in evidence to a third party, you must export them. You can export the items in several different formats, including PST, Domino NSF database, HTML, MSG, and ZIP. If you export to HTML, you can export review marking information along with each item.
Exporting does not affect the status of items, and you can continue to work on those that you have exported.
You must have the Export Messages permission in the folder to export items from it. By default, users with the Folder Full Control or Folder Export role have this permission.
To export the items from a research folder
- Click the Research tab in the Compliance Accelerator client.
- In the left pane, click the folder from which you want to export some items.
- Click the Export tab.
- Click New.
- Enter the required run details and filter information.
You cannot use the filters to select escalated items for export. Escalating the items copies them to the review set of the associated department, if they are not already present there. However, this process does not mark the original versions in the research folder as escalated.
Compliance Accelerator exports items to a folder on the Compliance Accelerator server rather than to a folder on the computer where you are running the client. If you use the same output folder and export run name for multiple runs, Compliance Accelerator overwrites the report summary each time. It is therefore advisable to give each run a different name.
The output folder path can contain up to 100 characters.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK to export the specified number of items.
- Wait a few moments for processing to finish, and then browse to the output folder on the Compliance Accelerator server to retrieve the exported items.