Enterprise Vault™ Compliance Accelerator Administrator's Guide
- Introducing Compliance Accelerator
- Product documentation
- Introducing the Compliance Accelerator client
- Setting up employees and employee groups
- Assigning roles to employees
- Working with departments
- Implementing Chinese Walls security
- Managing exception employees
- Grouping departments into partitions
- Using attributes to classify departments
- Searching for items
- About searching with Compliance Accelerator
- Building Compliance Accelerator search schedules
- Defining hotwords to search for
- Manually reviewing items
- About reviewing with Compliance Accelerator
- Escalating items
- Working with research folders
- Exporting items
- Creating and viewing reports
- Available Compliance Accelerator reports
- About viewing Compliance Accelerator datasets using the OData web service
- Appendix A. Customizing Compliance Accelerator
- Setting Compliance Accelerator system configuration options
- Appendix B. Importing configuration data from an XML file
- Appendix C. Troubleshooting
- Issues with Compliance Accelerator reports
Using Compliance Accelerator to search archived Skype for Business content
Compliance Accelerator can conduct searches of the Skype for Business conversations that Enterprise Vault has archived. However, to do this, Compliance Accelerator requires the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) addresses of the Skype for Business users.
In environments where the SIP addresses of these users differ from their SMTP addresses, or they have SIP addresses only, you must configure Compliance Accelerator to get the SIP addresses from Active Directory. Compliance Accelerator can get the addresses as part of its normal process to synchronize the user profiles with the corresponding Active Directory accounts.
Enabling SIP address synchronization can affect the performance of some Compliance Accelerator searches because it increases their complexity. For each user who is enabled for Skype for Business, these searches must now process an extra email address.
To configure Compliance Accelerator to get SIP addresses from Active Directory
- On the Compliance Accelerator server, open the Accelerator Manager website (http://server_name/EVBAAdmin).
- Click System Configuration at the bottom of the page.
- In the Global Settings page, choose Profile Synchronization in the Settings for list.
- Set the option Get SIP addresses when synchronizing with Active Directory to On.
After the SIP address synchronization has completed, several minutes may elapse before the Compliance Sampling process on the Compliance Accelerator storage server takes the SIP addresses into account. The extent of the delay is determined by the frequency with which this process synchronizes with the configuration data from the Compliance Accelerator customer databases. By default, this is every 60 minutes, but you can adjust the refresh rate with the Random Capture setting Stale config timeout (mins).