Enterprise Vault™ Compliance Accelerator Administrator's Guide
- Introducing Compliance Accelerator
- Product documentation
- Introducing the Compliance Accelerator client
- Setting up employees and employee groups
- Assigning roles to employees
- Working with departments
- Implementing Chinese Walls security
- Managing exception employees
- Grouping departments into partitions
- Using attributes to classify departments
- Searching for items
- About searching with Compliance Accelerator
- Building Compliance Accelerator search schedules
- Defining hotwords to search for
- Manually reviewing items
- About reviewing with Compliance Accelerator
- Escalating items
- Working with research folders
- Exporting items
- Creating and viewing reports
- Available Compliance Accelerator reports
- About viewing Compliance Accelerator datasets using the OData web service
- Appendix A. Customizing Compliance Accelerator
- Setting Compliance Accelerator system configuration options
- Appendix B. Importing configuration data from an XML file
- Appendix C. Troubleshooting
- Issues with Compliance Accelerator reports
Setting up department attributes
A standard Compliance Accelerator system comes with the following attributes that you can apply to your departments: Country, City, and Division. You can rename these attributes, supply values from which department administrators can choose when they assign the attributes to their departments, and more.
You must have the View System Configuration permission to view the properties of each attribute, and the Modify System Configuration permission to change them. By default, users with the application role of Compliance System Admin have these permissions.
To set up department attributes
- Click the Configuration tab in the Compliance Accelerator client, and then click the Department Attributes tab.
The Department Attribute pane appears.
- In the left pane, click the name of the attribute that you want to set up.
- In the right pane, type the name and an optional description for the attribute.
The name cannot contain the following characters:
* ? < > |
- If you want to make the attribute available for selection when you define the properties of a department, select Visible.
- If you want to permit users to enter a free-text value for the attribute instead of choosing from a predefined list, select Allow free text values to be entered.
- If you have nested departments, choose the required behavior in child departments when you change the attribute value assigned to a parent department. The options are as follows:
No change is made to the values that are assigned to associated child departments.
Copy value to child departments if not set
The same value is only set for the child departments that do not have a value set for this attribute.
Overwrite value on all child departments
The same value is set for all child departments, regardless of any value that is set for this attribute.
If you want to change the values from which users can choose when they set the attribute in department properties pages, do the following:
To add a new value, click New and then type the required name and description.
To edit an existing value, click it and then click Edit. Compliance Accelerator automatically updates the properties of any department to which you assigned the value.
To delete an existing value, click it and then click Delete. Compliance Accelerator automatically removes the value from the properties of any department to which you assigned it.
- Click Save.