Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- About the Advanced eDiscovery user interface
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- Managing investigations
- About Targeted Collections
- About Searches in investigation
- Working with searched emails
- Working with searched collaboration messages
- Working with searched files
- Working with Advanced ECA searches
- Applying tags to the Advanced ECA search items
- Applying labels to the Advanced ECA search items
- Exporting the Advanced ECA search items
- Exporting an Advanced ECA search summary report
- About Mail Reassignment
- About labels
- About legal holds
- About Tags
- Managing cases
- About searches in eDiscovery
- Managing reviews
- Reviewing emails
- Reviewing collaboration messages
- Reviewing files
- Annotating and redacting content in native viewer
- Managing exports
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
Available Advanced eDiscovery tabs:and in the left navigation pane, and the option on the Profile icon in the top-right corner of the application page (for setting personal preferences only), and option on the Profile icon in the top-right corner of the application page.
Users with therole can monitor employee emails for the material that does not follow company communication policies. An administrator or HR representative typically reviews the email of reviewers, so that no employees are exempt from following company communication policies. Organizations should take special care in selecting the appropriate employees for the role, since reviewers can see other employees' emails. Reviewers should not share their user name and password with anyone.
When you assign an account therole, you can allow the account to monitor all of the accounts in Enterprise Vault.cloud, or a selected subset. You can use the check box to prohibit email preview. It limits reviewers to only check the emails between sender and recipients.
In thetab, reviewers can perform open-ended investigative searches against one or all of the accounts that they have the permissions to monitor.
In thetab, reviewers have access only to those cases that are assigned to them.
When the eDiscovery Administrator creates a case, they assign the case to one or more reviewers. Each reviewer can be assigned a set of permissions within each case. A reviewer can perform some or all of the following functions within a case, depending on the permissions that they are assigned for that case:
Review the emails that result from the searches that are associated with the case.
View the case logs and reports.
Manage on-going and standard searches of emails.
Perform and manage searches on the emails that are associated with the case.
Place emails on legal hold.
Edit the case for example to reassign searches to different reviewers.
Accounts with therole only see the tab once they have been assigned as a reviewer to at least one case.