Enterprise Vault Discovery.cloud User Guide
- About Enterprise Vault Discovery.cloud
- Getting started with Discovery.cloud
- Discovery.cloud roles
- Matter management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Discovery.cloud alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching matters and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Discovery.cloud Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Discovery.cloud updates in previous releases
Creating a matter
Discovery Administrators can create matters and select which custodians (email archives) to associate with the matter. Once a matter is created, all emails for the matter can be placed on legal hold to ensure that the emails are retained.
To create a matter
- From the E-Discovery tab expand the Administration node. This node is only visible to Discovery Administrators.
- Expand the Matters node and select the Matter List node.
- Click Add Matter.
- Complete the details in the Add New Matter pane. Review the following table for more information.
Apply Legal Hold
Click Yes to toggle the option between Yes and No. The Yes option applies a matter-level legal hold to emails, and is the default value.
This option keeps all emails for the matter on legal hold until the administrator removes the legal hold.
Enter a unique name for the matter.
Optionally enter a description for the matter.
Select Never Expires, or enter an expiration date for the matter.
After the expiration date a matter's status changes to inactive. An inactive matter becomes read-only for reviewers, but all its associated data and any hold remains intact. The Discovery Administrator can revert an inactive matter back to active status.
- Under Custodians for Matter, do one of the following:
Select All Custodians to include all the archive accounts as accounts that may be searched for this matter.
Or click Add/Remove Custodian(s) and select the archive accounts that you want to include for search.
Then click Update to save your custodian selections, and click Close to close the dialog.
- Under Reviewers for Matter, click Add/Remove Reviewer(s) to add the reviewers for this matter.
In the Add/Remove Reviewer(s) dialog, select the reviewers you want to act as reviewers.
Click Update to save your selections, and click Close to close the dialog.
- In the reviewer permissions table, select the required reviewer permissions for each selected reviewer.
Select this check box if you do not want the reviewer's permissions to expire.
Enter an expiration date for the granted permissions, if you cleared the Never Expires check box.
Allows the reviewer to review emails for the matter.
View Matter Logs/Reports
Allows the reviewer to view the logs and reports for the matter.
Allows the reviewer to create an export file of emails for the matter.
Manage Saved Searches
Allows the reviewer to manage the saved searches for the matter.
Allows the reviewer to manage the reviewers for the matter.
Allows the reviewer to make edits to the matter.
Selects all permission for the reviewer.
- Under Customizations you can select the list of values for the review statuses that are available to the reviewers when they review each message.
Under Select Review Status LOV do one of the following:
Select Default values to use the default list of review statuses in their default order.
Or select Custom LOV to choose which review statuses are to be used with this matter.
Click Choose Review Status and in the Customize Review Status LOV dialog, select the review status values to exclude.
Then if required, change the order in which the review statuses are to be displayed to the reviewers.
Click Update to save your selections, and then close the Customize Review Status LOV dialog.
- Click Save to create the matter with your selected options.