Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- Case management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
Creating a case
Discovery Administrators can create cases and select which custodians (email archives) to associate with the case. Once a case is created, all emails for the case can be placed on legal hold to ensure that the emails are retained.
To create a case
- From the E-Discovery tab expand the Administration node. This node is only visible to Discovery Administrators.
- Expand the Cases node and select the Case List node.
- Click Add Case.
- Complete the details in the Add New Case pane. Review the following table for more information.
Apply Legal Hold
Click Yes to toggle the option between Yes and No. The Yes option applies a case-level legal hold to emails, and is the default value.
This option keeps all emails for the case on legal hold until the administrator removes the legal hold.
Enter a unique name for the case.
Optionally enter a description for the case.
Select Never Expires, or enter an expiration date for the case.
After the expiration date a case's status changes to inactive. An inactive case becomes read-only for reviewers, but all its associated data and any hold remains intact. The Discovery Administrator can revert an inactive case back to active status.
- Under Custodians for Case, do one of the following:
Select All Custodians to include all the archive accounts as accounts that may be searched for this case.
Or click Add/Remove Custodian(s) and select the archive accounts that you want to include for search.
Then click Update to save your custodian selections, and click Close to close the dialog.
- Under Reviewers for Case, click Add/Remove Reviewer(s) to add the reviewers for this case.
In the Add/Remove Reviewer(s) dialog, select the reviewers you want to act as reviewers.
Click Update to save your selections, and click Close to close the dialog.
- In the reviewer permissions table, select the required reviewer permissions for each selected reviewer.
Select this check box if you do not want the reviewer's permissions to expire.
Enter an expiration date for the granted permissions, if you cleared the Never Expires check box.
Allows the reviewer to review emails for the case.
View Case Logs/Reports
Allows the reviewer to view the logs and reports for the case.
Allows the reviewer to create an export file of emails for the case.
Download Shared Export
Allows the external reviewer to see the shared exports that are shared by the Discovery administrators.
Manage Saved Searches
Allows the reviewer to manage the saved searches for the case.
Allows the reviewer to manage the reviewers for the case.
Allows the reviewer to make edits to the case.
Selects all permission for the reviewer.
- Under Reassign Emails, specify the following details. Click Reassign to implement the reassignment process.
Select the reviewer from whom you want to reassign emails to another custodian.
Select a new reviewer to which you want to assign emails.
Specify the amount of percentage for email reassignment from one reviewer to another for this case.
- Under Customizations, select the list of values for the review status tags that are available to the reviewers when they review each message.
Under Select Review Status Tags LOV do one of the following:
Select Default values to use the default list of review status tags in their default order.
Or select Custom LOV to choose which review status tags are to be used with this case.
Click Choose Review Status Tag and in the Customize Review Status Tags LOV dialog, select the review status tag values to exclude.
Then if required, change the order in which the review status tags are to be displayed to the reviewers.
Click Update to save your selections, and then close the Customize Review Status Tags LOV dialog.
- Click Save to create the case with your selected options.