Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- About the Advanced eDiscovery user interface
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- About Targeted Collections
- About labels
- About Tags
- About Searches in investigation
- About Mail Reassignment
- Working with the searched collaboration messages
- About Advanced ECA searches
- Case management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
Applying tags to collaboration messages
To help organize your work you can tag emails with custom tags of your own choice, which are visible only to you. You can also tag emails with a Retention tags (also called as managed tags), if you have any of these available to you. Retention tags are created in the Enterprise Vault.cloud Administration Console, under the My Config > Managed Tags node. For more information on managed tags, see the Archive Administration Help.
To apply a tag to collaboration messages
- On the Investigations tab, create a new search or select the searches from the On-going searches, Standard searches, Holds, or Tags node.
Alternatively, on the eDiscovery tab, under a Case_name, create a new search or select the searches from the Research Sets or Review Sets node.
- Perform either an Advanced Search or a Query Search to search for the Collaboration messages. See Searching collaboration messages during investigation.
The application displays result as shown in the following sample image.
- On the Collaboration tab, select the check box for one or more messages (chats) that you want to tag.
- On the action menu, click Tag, and do any of the following as required.
To tag only the selected messages, click Tag selected messages.
To tag all the messages in the search, click Tag all messages.
- In the Add Tag dialog box, do the following:
Enter a new unique tag name.
Provide a comment or a description for the tag name.
Select this check box if you want to apply the legal hold on the emails.
Select retention Tag
Instead of applying a new tag, you can apply the retention tags that are created in Enterprise Vault.cloud. To access and apply those retention tags, select this option, and choose the tags you want to apply.
- Click Tag.
After you apply tags to the collaboration messages, these tagged messages are available under the respective tags under the Tags node.
- To ensure if the tag is applied to the message, select the message to view its details in the right pane. Hover over the black Tag icon to view all the tags applied to this message.
See the sample image to view all the applied tags.
You can click the black Tag icon to view all the applied tags in the Tags popup. See the sample image to view all the applied tags.
You can click any tag in the Tags popup to navigate to the respective tag under the Tags node. See the sample image below