Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- About the Advanced eDiscovery user interface
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- About Targeted Collections
- About labels
- About Tags
- About Searches in investigation
- About Mail Reassignment
- Working with the searched collaboration messages
- About Advanced ECA searches
- Case management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
The Investigations tab provides access to your own archived emails. Administrators and reviewers can also use this tab to access and review the archived emails of user accounts that they manage. External reviewers do not have access to the Investigations tab.
The following nodes are available from the Investigations tab, depending on your account permissions:
The Targeted Collection node is used to create a targeted collection in Advanced eDiscovery console. These collections are the cloned data of an archive collector that is configured in the Archive Administrator console.
The My Mailbox node is where you can view all of your archived emails, including the emails that were deleted from your email inbox. Note that when viewing your archived emails, certain Personal.cloud features such as search filters and active folders are not available from Advanced eDiscovery.
The Managed Accounts node is available to users with the Reviewer role, and to administrators with the Monitor All Accounts privilege. The accounts that are assigned to you display when you select the Accounts sub-node. You can use the features available from the Managed Accounts node to conduct initial, probative, or ad hoc investigations, outside of the legal discovery workflow.
See About Investigations.
The Labels node is where you can create labels. The emails are classified and displayed based on the labels applied to them. You can click the label to view emails and collaboration messages to which that label is applied.
The Holds node is where you can view emails with a legal hold.
The Tags node lets you view and manage the custom tags and the emails with those tags that have been applied in the Investigations tab.
The Retention node displays the emails to which retention tags are applied.
The Exports node lets you view the status of email exports that you perform from the Investigations tab.
The Search Log node is where you can see the Search-specific logs.
The Continuity - Standby node is an add-on service that provides a "standby mailbox". It enables users to continue to send and receive emails when your organization's mail server is unavailable.