Enterprise Vault Discovery.cloud User Guide
- About Enterprise Vault Discovery.cloud
- Getting started with Discovery.cloud
- Discovery.cloud roles
- Matter management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Discovery.cloud alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching matters and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Discovery.cloud Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Discovery.cloud updates in previous releases
To search for a phrase, enclose the phrase within double quotation marks. For example:
The search returns those items that contain the exact phrase cloud computing.
A search produces unexpected results if it contains nothing between the quotes, or only white space between the quotes.
A phrase search that includes stop words or special characters can return any of the following:
The exact phrase, including the stop word or special character.
The phrase with the supplied stop word or special character replaced by other stop words or special characters.
The phrase without the stop word or special character.
The phrase "test and verification" returns items that include the exact phrase, and also phrases such as test not verification, test verification.
The phrase with two stop words "cat in the hat" returns items that include the exact phrase, and also phrases such as The cat has no hat, and cat hat.
If the exact phrase occurs in the search results, it is highlighted. Otherwise the phrase is not highlighted.
In phrase searches, the * and ? characters are treated as special characters, not wildcards.