Enterprise Vault Discovery.cloud User Guide
- About Enterprise Vault Discovery.cloud
- Getting started with Discovery.cloud
- Discovery.cloud roles
- Matter management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Discovery.cloud alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching matters and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Discovery.cloud Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Discovery.cloud updates in previous releases
Logging on to Discovery.cloud
When your company signs up for Discovery.cloud, you are provided with a user name and password. With these credentials, you can log on to Discovery.cloud and start using the features that you have the permissions to access.
Discovery.cloud users should exercise caution when accessing their accounts from public computers, to maintain the confidentiality of company emails. This note applies especially for administrators and reviewers.
If your company signed up for Discovery.cloud and you have not received your credentials, contact your administrator.
To log on to Discovery.cloud
- Navigate to your Discovery.cloud URL.
- Select a Security option.
Refer to the following table for more information:
This is a public or shared computer
Prompts you for your user name and password each time you access the logon screen, and logs you out after 20 minutes of inactivity.
Default option selected
This is a private computer
Your credentials are stored in your browser's local profile cache for one (1) year, letting you bypass the logon screen after your initial successful logon.
You can clear this setting by logging out of Discovery.cloud.
- Enter your user name and password.
If you have problems accessing your account, check with your administrator first. If you continue to have difficulty logging on, contact your Technical Support Staff through your administrator.