Enterprise Vault Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Enterprise Vault Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- Case management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
Generating and exporting printable reports for searches (Investigations tab)
Any user who has access to Saved Searches can generate and export the Printable Reports in all searches in Investigations and eDiscovery.
To generate and export a printable report for Searches
- In the Investigations pane, expand My Mailbox or Managed Accounts.
- Go to any Saved Search Tree Node.
- Search for and select any On-going or Standard search for which you want to export a report.
In the Advanced Search tab, you can refine your criteria to search for records. Click the plus icon to add new criteria. Click the minus icon to remove the corresponding criteria. Select Match All to find records that meet all specified criteria. Select Match Any to find at least one specified criterion.
- Click Export Report to generate a report with the custodians, the parameters, and the results.
Application downloads the zipped report to your Downloads folder. You can extract, save, and share this excel report with the concerned persons. This report specifies the date and time when the report is generated. It can contain a maximum of 100 Thousand records in a single file. If numbers of records exceeds 100 Thousand, application generates multiple files and downloads reports as a single zipped folder.
Alternatively, you can export and print the report for all records, only the selected records, or the records displayed on a single page.
To export and print records on the current page, click the Export Emails icon, and select Export current page.
To export and print selected records, select the records, click the Export Emails icon, and select Export selected emails.
To export and print all records, click the Export Emails icon, and select Export all emails.
It is vital to understand the difference between exporting reports and exporting email records. When you generate and export reports, the metadata displayed on the details pane is shown in the excel file. However, when you export emails, the actual email files are downloaded.
See Exporting emails.