Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- About the Advanced eDiscovery user interface
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- About Targeted Collections
- About labels
- About Tags
- About Searches in investigation
- About Mail Reassignment
- Working with the searched collaboration messages
- About Advanced ECA searches
- Case management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
Applying tags to emails
To help organize your work you can tag emails with custom tags of your own choosing, which are visible only to you. You can also tag emails with a managed tag, if you have any of these available to you. Managed tags are created in the Enterprise Vault.cloud Administration Console, under the My Config > Managed Tags node. For more information on managed tags, see the Archive Administration Help.
The Veritas Information Classifier assigns classification tags to emails that match an enabled classification policy. You cannot add classification tags manually.
To apply tags to emails
- Browse the archives of accounts that are assigned to you, or conduct a search, or view the Review Status Tags for a case that is assigned to you.
- If required, select the check box for one or more emails, or select a message to view the message in the Advanced eDiscovery preview pane.
- Select the emails you want to tag, and click Tag.
To tag only the selected emails, click Tag selected emails.
To tag all the emails displayed on the page, click Tag current page.
To tag all the emails in the search, click Tag all emails.
- In the Add Tag dialog box, do the following:
Enter a new unique tag name.
Provide a comment or a description for the tag name.
Select this check box if you want to apply the legal hold on the emails.
Select retention Tag
Instead of applying a new tag, you can apply the retention tags that are created in Enterprise Vault.cloud. To access and apply those retention tags, select this option, and choose the tags you want to apply.
- Enter a tag name and description for the custom tag. Alternatively, you can select the a retention tag, if any are available to you.
- Click Tag.
In the eDiscovery tab, any custom tags you create are listed in the Tags node of the selected case.
The Tags node does not show classification tags.