Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- About the Advanced eDiscovery user interface
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- Managing investigations
- About Targeted Collections
- About Searches in investigation
- Working with searched emails
- Working with searched collaboration messages
- Working with searched files
- Working with Advanced ECA searches
- Applying tags to the Advanced ECA search items
- Applying labels to the Advanced ECA search items
- Exporting the Advanced ECA search items
- Exporting an Advanced ECA search summary report
- About Mail Reassignment
- About labels
- About legal holds
- About Tags
- Managing cases
- About searches in eDiscovery
- Managing reviews
- Reviewing emails
- Reviewing collaboration messages
- Reviewing files
- Managing exports
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
Viewing case details
To view the details of a case
- On the eDiscovery tab, select the Cases node to display a list of cases.
If you are a reviewer, Advanced eDiscovery lists only those cases to which you have been assigned.
- If you have the required permissions the Hide Completed check box is available above the case list. To list only the active cases, select the check box.
- To view the details of a case, select a case from the Case List. A summary of the reviewers and custodians for the case appears below the list.
Under the Cases node in the left pane a case_name node appears for the selected case. This node contains a number of sub-nodes that provide details of the case as follows. The available options depend on your permissions:
case_name: Click this node to display the Edit Case pane. If you have the required permissions you can edit the details of the case in this pane.
See Editing cases.
Summary: Click this node to view a Case Information Summary table.
New Search: From this node you can perform new searches. or run any saved searches that are related to the case.
Research Set: A Research Set is a collection of searches saved in a particular case. These searches are not assigned to reviewers. Emails continue to be added to Research Sets until a reviewer is assigned. Click this node to view the case-specific searches saved for preliminary research.
Review Set: A Review Set is collection of searches saved for a particular case. Searches are assigned to the reviewers of the case. You can allocate a percentage of the search results to each reviewer. Click this node to view the case-specific searches saved for review.
Tags: Click this node to view all of the tag assignments for the case.
Exports: Click this node to view the exports-specific details of the selected case.
Case History: Click this node to view a table of actions that were performed on this case.