Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- Case management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
Viewing the details of a case
To view the details of a case
- From the E-Discovery tab, select the Cases node to display a list of cases.
If you are a reviewer, Advanced eDiscovery lists only those cases to which you have been assigned.
For Discovery Administrators, the list of all cases is also available from the Administration node under > Cases > Case List.
- If you have the required permissions the Hide Completed check box is available above the case list. To list only the active cases, select the check box.
- To view the details of a case, select a case from the Case List. A summary of the reviewers and custodians for the case appears below the list.
Under the Cases node in the left pane a case_name node appears for the selected case. This node contains a number of sub-nodes that provide details of the case as follows. The available options depend on your permissions:
case_name: Click this node to display the Edit Case pane. If you have the required permissions you can edit the details of the case in this pane.
See Editing a case.
Summary: Click this node to view a Case Information Summary table.
Saved Searches: From this node you can perform new searches or run any saved searches that are related to the case.
Tags: Click this node to view all of the tag assignments for the case.
Review Status Tags: Click this node to review the emails of the custodians that are associated with the case.
Reviewers see only the emails that have been assigned to them.
To view the mails according to their current review status tags, click the required review status tags node under the Review Status Tags node.
Labels: Click this node to view details of the assigned labels.
To view all of the emails with a specific label, click the required label under the Labels node.
Batch Processes: Click this node to view the exports that are associated with this case.
Case History: Click this node to view a table of actions that were performed on this case.