Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- About the Advanced eDiscovery user interface
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- About Targeted Collections
- About labels
- About Tags
- About Searches in investigation
- About Mail Reassignment
- Working with the searched collaboration messages
- About Advanced ECA searches
- Case management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
Working with the searched collaboration messages
In the Advanced eDiscovery, the customer can collect the Microsoft Teams data. The customer can see the Collaboration tab while creating a search, if -
The Microsoft Teams service is enabled
The Microsoft Teams collector is configured
Besides emails, the customer can see and review the Microsoft Teams specific communication in the archives.
After executing a search, the Collaboration tab displays Chats or Channel conversations that matches with the Search criteria applied in the left pane. As the icons of the Chats and the Channel conversations are different, you can easily distinguish between the Chat and Channel messages.
You can download the images and the attachments used in the Chat and Channel conversations.
To get a full context of the conversation, you can view the events, reactions, and link previews in the messages. To easily distinguish among the participants in the conversation, the participant icons are highlighted in different color.
When you search a term or a text in a conversation, it is highlighted in a different color for easy identification.