Enterprise Vault Discovery.cloud User Guide
- About Enterprise Vault Discovery.cloud
- Getting started with Discovery.cloud
- Discovery.cloud roles
- Matter management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Discovery.cloud alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching matters and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Discovery.cloud Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Discovery.cloud updates in previous releases
Saving a search of a matter
If you have the required permissions you can save a search of a matter. A search of a matter can be saved as an Unassigned Search or an Assigned Search:
An Unassigned Search is not assigned to reviewers. Emails continue to be added to Unassigned Searches until a reviewer is assigned.
An Assigned Search is assigned to the reviewers of the matter. You can allocate a percentage of the search results to each reviewer.
To save a search of a matter
- Perform a new search on the matter.
- Click Save Search.
- Complete the information in the Save Search dialog. The following table describes the options.
Enter Saved Search Name
Enter a name for the saved search.
Select to place all email in the saved search on legal hold. Emails on legal hold are not deleted from the archive.
Assign Save Search
Select this check box to assign the search results to the reviewers of the matter.
The Save Search dialog displays a list of the matter's reviewers. Assign a percentage of the emails to each reviewer. The total allocation percentage must equal 100 percent. If the matter has only one reviewer, Discovery.cloud automatically assigns all emails to the reviewer.
Once a search has been assigned to reviewers, it cannot be edited.
If you do not select the Assign Save Search box, the search is saved as an Unassigned Search.
Emails continue to be added to an Unassigned Search until it is assigned to the reviewers and so becomes an Assigned Search.
- Click OK or Assign Search Result to save the search.
The search is saved within the Saved Searches node as follows:
If you selected the Assign Save Search check box, the search is saved under the Assigned Searches node.
Otherwise the search is saved under the Unassigned Searches node.