Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- About the Advanced eDiscovery user interface
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- Managing investigations
- About Targeted Collections
- About Searches in investigation
- Working with searched emails
- Working with searched collaboration messages
- Working with searched files
- Working with Advanced ECA searches
- Applying tags to the Advanced ECA search items
- Applying labels to the Advanced ECA search items
- Exporting the Advanced ECA search items
- Exporting an Advanced ECA search summary report
- About Mail Reassignment
- About labels
- About legal holds
- About Tags
- Managing cases
- About searches in eDiscovery
- Managing reviews
- Reviewing emails
- Reviewing collaboration messages
- Reviewing files
- Annotating and redacting content in native viewer
- Managing exports
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
Applying labels to files in Advanced ECA search
To apply labels to files in Advanced ECA search
- On the Investigations tab, select Managed Accounts > Advanced ECA.
- Select the Advanced ECA search in which you want to filter the records and apply labels to the required files within the search.
The search result opens in the right pane.
- Set the filter options and click Apply to view the filtered items.
- On the Files pane, select the files to which you want to apply labels.
Before you apply labels to the files, you can view the previously applied labels of the files in the preview pane.
- In the preview pane, click the Text View or Native View icon to toggle between the file views.
Text view displays the file content in the plain text format. Whereas, the native view displays the file content in the original format, for example, MS Word, PDF, and so on.
- (Optional) In the preview pane, click the download icon to save file on your local computer.
- On the action menu, click Label.
- In the Add/Remove Labels dialog box, select the labels you want to apply to the files.
You can clear the labels if these are not required anymore. In case you have selected multiple files the Add/Remove Labels dialog box shows applied level status as follows:
The check box that is not selected yet means this label is not at all applied to the selected files.
The check box with the dash mark means the label is applied to some of the selected files, but not applied to all the selected files.
The check box with the tick mark means the label is applied to all the selected files.
- Select the required labels, and click Apply Changes.
After you apply labels to the files, these labeled files are available under the respective labels under the labels node.
- To ensure if the label is applied to the files, select the emails, and expand the Labels section to view its details in the right pane.