Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- Case management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
Available Advanced eDiscovery tabs:, , , , and .
The Administrator role is for company administrators who need to configure and manage Advanced eDiscovery, or for HR personnel who need to monitor employee email usage.
Administrator roles must be assigned the privilege in the Administration Console if they are to monitor email usage. Unlike the accounts with the Reviewer role, the accounts with the Administrator role cannot be granted access to selected accounts only.
Accounts with the Administrator role and with the privilege can be assigned to cases as reviewers, and can act as reviewers in the same way as the accounts with the Reviewer role.
Administrators can also receive email notifications each time a message is flagged in the Alerts area.
Accounts with the Administrator role can be assigned additional privileges in Archive Administration, including the privileges that can be conferred by built-in group roles. The accounts with the Administrator role that are also assigned the built-in role have full access to all the features of Advanced eDiscovery.
Discovery Administrators can configure and manage all aspects of Advanced eDiscovery, including the following:
Creating, viewing, and editing cases
Adding and editing labels
Assigning review status tags to emails
Managing case review status tags
Managing saved searches under cases
Exporting emails from cases
Viewing logs and saving reports
Given the sensitive nature of the information available to administrators, they should take special care to protect their logon credentials.