Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- About the Advanced eDiscovery user interface
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- About Targeted Collections
- About labels
- About Tags
- About Searches in investigation
- About Mail Reassignment
- Working with the searched collaboration messages
- About Advanced ECA searches
- Case management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
Applying a search-level legal hold
Accounts with the appropriate permissions can place emails from a search on legal hold. Applying a search-level hold ensures that specific emails remain on hold even if a case-level legal hold is removed.
You can apply a search-level legal hold to Research or Review sets.
To apply a search-level legal hold
- On the eDiscovery tab, select Cases to view a list of cases.
- Search for and select the required case from the list of cases.
- Under the Cases node, in the left pane, a case_name node appears for the selected case.
- Select the case_name > Research Sets or Review Sets
- Select the required search under the Research Sets or the Review Sets node or the node.
The search displays its results.
- In the top-right corner, click Apply Search Legal Hold.
To remove a legal hold after it has been applied, select the same search, and click Remove Search Legal Hold.