Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- About the Advanced eDiscovery user interface
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- About Targeted Collections
- About labels
- About Tags
- About Searches in investigation
- About Mail Reassignment
- Working with the searched collaboration messages
- About Advanced ECA searches
- Case management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
About enhanced searches in Japanese
An option is available to enable the ability to perform enhanced searches in Japanese. This option employs a Japanese language analyzer to provide better search results for different Japanese scripts.
To find out if your company's Enterprise Vault.cloud supports enhanced searches in Japanese, ask your Enterprise Vault.cloud administrator.
Administrators can contact Veritas Services & Support for more information on the configuration of this option.
If your company's Enterprise Vault.cloud supports enhanced searches in Japanese, note the following about the enhanced search capabilities:
Searches are supported in any combination of hiragana, kanji, katakana, and romaji scripts.
Searches are valid for text in the message subject, the message body, attachment extensions, and attachment content.
Advanced eDiscovery's Search supports a minimum of one English or Japanese character.
The wildcard character limit for any search is one English or Japanese character.