Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- About the Advanced eDiscovery user interface
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- About Targeted Collections
- About labels
- About Tags
- About Searches in investigation
- About Mail Reassignment
- Working with the searched collaboration messages
- About Advanced ECA searches
- Case management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
Every company has an unassigned legacy account. New users from the company cannot search or view the emails that were sent to their account before it was created. All such mails that do not find appropriate recipient of the mail goes to unassigned legacy account.
To enable such users to receive their previously assigned emails, you, as an administrator, need to reassign such emails to them. After you submit email batch for reassignment, application resends these emails to corresponding user accounts. All the new users can then search and view their emails.
You can reassign emails from the unassigned legacy accounts, on-going and standard searches, holds, and tags. You can select maximum 300 emails in one batch for reassignment. If there are more than 300 emails in the unassigned legacy account, you need to reassign emails in multiple batches. The maximum annual limit of mail reassignment is 600000 mails per customer, whereas the daily limit is 4500 per day per customer. When customers submit a batch for reassignment, customers can view a temporary notification (that fades out automatically) about their available reassignment limit. Alternatively, customers can check their mail reassignment limits on the Mail Reassignment node.
When customers use 90 percent of their annual mail reassignment limit, they receive an alert email.
To reassign emails
- On the Investigations tab, search for and select emails from one of the following locations:
Go to Managed Accounts > Accounts.
Go to Managed Accounts > On-going Searches.
Go to Managed Accounts > Standard Searches.
Go to Holds.
Go to Tags.
- Search for and select emails from the required unassigned legacy account, on-going and standard searches, hold, and the tags.
- To reassign up to 30, 50, 100, and 300 emails in one batch, select number of emails you want to view on one page, and click the Reassign current page icon.
- Click Reassign Mails, and do the following:
To reassign selected emails, click Reassign selected emails.
To reassign emails displayed on one page, click Reassign emails in current page.
The application displays the sample message as follows: