Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- Case management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
Editing a case
Administrators and reviewers with the appropriate permissions can edit the cases to which they are assigned, and for which they have been granted edit permission.
To edit a case
- From the E-Discovery tab, select the Cases node to display the cases list in the main pane.
- Select the required case from the cases list.
Under the Cases node in the left pane a case_name node appears for the selected case.
- Click the case_name node to display the Edit Case pane.
- Edit the case details as required. Review the following table for more information.
If you do not have edit permissions, the settings are not changeable.
You can edit the case-level legal hold status, name, description, and expiration date for the case.
You can also set the Case Status to Inactive or Completed. Setting the status to Inactive disables all functionality for working with the case.
Custodians for Case
You can add or remove the custodian archives to monitor for the case.
Reviewers for Case
You can add or remove reviewers or edit reviewer permissions for the case.
You can reassign emails from one reviewer to another reviewer.
You can change the available Review Status Tags available for the case.
Click Refresh to update the number of emails that are included in the selected case and the number of emails on legal hold.
- Click Save after you finish editing the case details.