Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- About the Advanced eDiscovery user interface
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- About Targeted Collections
- About labels
- About Tags
- About Searches in investigation
- About Mail Reassignment
- Working with the searched collaboration messages
- About Advanced ECA searches
- Case management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
Applying labels to collaboration messages
To help organize your work you can apply labels to the collaboration messages. Labels are applied to collaboration messages typically to mark them as exempt from the review process.
To apply a label to collaboration messages
- On the Investigations tab, create a new search or select the searches from the On-going searches or Standard searches node.
- Perform either an Advanced Search or a Query Search to search for the Collaboration messages. See Searching collaboration messages during investigation.
The application displays result as shown in the following sample image.
- On the Collaboration tab, select the check box for one or more messages (chats) to which you want to apply labels.
- On the action menu, click Label.
- In the Add/Remove Labels dialog box, select the labels you want to apply to the messages.
You can clear the labels if these are not required anymore. In case you have selected multiple collaboration messages, the Add/Remove Labels dialog box shows applied level status as follows:
The check box that is not selected yet means this label is not at all applied to the selected messages.
The check box with the dash mark means the label is applied to some of the selected messages, but not applied to all the selected messages.
The check box with the tick mark means the label is applied to all the selected messages.
- Select the required labels, and click Apply Changes.
After you apply labels to the collaboration messages, these labeled messages are available under the respective labels under the labels node.
- To ensure if the label is applied to the message, select the message to view its details in the right pane. Hover over the blue Label icon to view all the labeled messages.
See the sample image to view all the applied labels.
You can click the blue Label icon to view all the applied labels in the Labels popup. See the sample image to view all the applied labels.
You can click any label in the Labels popup to navigate to the respective label under the Labels node. See the sample image below