Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- About the Advanced eDiscovery user interface
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- About Targeted Collections
- About labels
- About Tags
- About Searches in investigation
- About Mail Reassignment
- Working with the searched collaboration messages
- About Advanced ECA searches
- Case management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
The eDiscovery tab includes the case management feature. This feature allows multiple reviewers to interact and collaborate on litigation cases during the eDiscovery process. Once a case has been created, an eDiscovery Administrator or an assigned reviewer can use searches to find the emails relevant to the case. These searches can then be saved, and the resulting emails assigned to the various reviewers that have been nominated to work on the case. This distribution of the workload among the reviewers expedites the eDiscovery process.
During the review process, reviewers can place emails on legal hold, apply review status tags and labels, and apply custom tags. Reviewers can also add notes to emails that other reviewers who work on the case can view. Additionally, collaborative eDiscovery includes various reporting features, that allow reviewers to view audit trails for individual emails or the history of an entire case.
The following nodes are available from the eDiscovery tab, depending on your account permissions:
The Dashboard node lets you view and export cases summary reports.
The Reviewers node lets you view Mailbox and Case access detail of the reviewers. You can export the reviewers summary reports for later use.
The Review Status Tags node lets you define the review status tags and define the active and default tags.
The Cases node lets you manage cases that are assigned to you. After you select the case, the separate case-specific node appears below the Cases node to perform various operations.