Enterprise Vault Discovery.cloud User Guide
- About Enterprise Vault Discovery.cloud
- Getting started with Discovery.cloud
- Discovery.cloud roles
- Matter management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Discovery.cloud alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching matters and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Discovery.cloud Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Discovery.cloud updates in previous releases
Deleting emails permanently
Administrators can use theoption to permanently delete emails from users. In Personal.cloud and Mobile Web Access, administrators or users cannot search the emails that have been deleted.
Administrators who monitor accounts through> > can view this option at the top menu bar between and .
For information on how to enable Enterprise Vault.cloud Archive Administration Help.to company level, see Configuring archive options in the
For information on how to enable Enterprise Vault.cloud Archive Administration Help.to administrators, see Editing the built-in administrator roles in the
To delete emails
- Navigate to New search under Monitored Accounts, and then conduct a search.
- If required, select the checkbox for one or more emails.
- Click the Delete icon, and then select an option to specify which emails to delete.
A maximum of 300 emails can be deleted in a single transaction.
The Permanently delete emails dialog box appears informing that once emails are deleted, they cannot be recovered or accessed and that this is permanent and irreversible action. It may take up to 60 minutes for deleted emails to stop appearing in the end-user search results.
- Click OK.
The Confirmation dialog box appears informing that action has been executed successfully.
- To check the status of the deleted emails, navigate to Trash under Monitored Accounts, and review the list of emails.
A list shows the deleted emails in chronological order from most recent to older. You can sort by email Date or Date Added (default).
The status of the deleted email can be:
- the email has been deleted.
- the email is queued to be deleted.
- the email is on legal hold status, and it cannot be deleted.
The email on legal hold has Legal hold tag, Legal hold search, or Legal hold Custodian in a Matter applied. To delete an email marked on legal hold, first, remove any applicable legal hold that has been previously applied .