Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- About the Advanced eDiscovery user interface
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- Managing investigations
- About Targeted Collections
- About Searches in investigation
- Working with searched emails
- Working with searched collaboration messages
- Working with searched files
- Working with Advanced ECA searches
- Applying tags to the Advanced ECA search items
- Applying labels to the Advanced ECA search items
- Exporting the Advanced ECA search items
- Exporting an Advanced ECA search summary report
- About Mail Reassignment
- About labels
- About legal holds
- About Tags
- Managing cases
- About searches in eDiscovery
- Managing reviews
- Reviewing emails
- Reviewing collaboration messages
- Reviewing files
- Annotating and redacting content in native viewer
- Managing exports
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
Applying tags to Files
To apply tags to the files during case review
- From the eDiscovery tab, select the Cases node to display the cases list in the main pane.
- Select the required case from the cases list.
Under the Cases node in the left pane a case_name node appears for the selected case.
- Click the case_name > Research Sets or Review Sets.
- Select the required search under the Research Sets or the Review Sets node.
- On the Files tab, select the files to which you want to apply tags.
Before you apply tags to the files, you can view the previously applied tags and classification tags of the files in the preview pane.
- On the action menu, click Tag, and do any of the following as required.
To tag all the files in the search, click Tag all files.
To tag only the selected files, click Tag selected files.
- In the Add Tag dialog box, do the following:
Enter a new unique tag name.
Provide a comment or a description for the tag name.
Select this check box if you want to apply the legal hold on the files.
Select retention Tag
Instead of applying a new tag, you can apply the retention tags that are created in Enterprise Vault.cloud. To access and apply those retention tags, select this option, and choose the tags you want to apply.
After you select this option, the application disables the Tag Name field.
- Click Tag.
After you apply tags to the files, these tagged files are available under the respective tags under the Tags node.