Enterprise Vault Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Enterprise Vault Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- Case management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
Available Advanced eDiscovery tabs:and (for setting personal preferences only).
Users with the Account role have the least access to Advanced eDiscovery. They have access only to the Investigations tab, from where they can view their own archived emails.
Note that Personal.cloud is the preferred access method for users to view archived emails. Personal.cloud allows users to tag and restore archived emails into their own inbox.
In one case, those accounts with the Account role can have greater access in Advanced eDiscovery. Administrators can configure the account in Archive Administration to make it an External Reviewer. These accounts are for users who are not part of your organization, but who need to review emails within the cases that are assigned to them#. External reviewers have their account disabled for archiving, and can only access the E-Discovery tab in Advanced eDiscovery. Within the E-Discovery tab the external reviewers can perform similar tasks as those accounts with the Reviewer role.
See the Archive Administration help for more information about creating External Reviewer accounts.