Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- Case management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
Applying a search-level legal hold
Accounts with the appropriate permissions can place emails from a search on legal hold. Applying a search-level hold ensures that specific emails remain on hold even if a case-level legal hold is removed.
You can apply a search-level legal hold to Research or Review sets.
To apply a search-level legal hold
- From the E-Discovery tab, select the Cases node to display the cases list in the main pane.
- Select the required case from the cases list.
Under the Cases node a case_name node appears for the selected case.
- Under the Cases > case_name node, expand Saved Searches.
- Expand the Research Sets or Review Sets node that contains the Saved Search to which you want to apply the search-level legal hold.
- Select the required Saved Search.
- In the top-right corner, click Apply Search Legal Hold.
To remove a legal hold after it has been applied, click Remove Search Legal Hold.