Enterprise Vault Discovery.cloud User Guide
- About Enterprise Vault Discovery.cloud
- Getting started with Discovery.cloud
- Discovery.cloud roles
- Matter management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Discovery.cloud alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching matters and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Discovery.cloud Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Discovery.cloud updates in previous releases
Applying a search-level legal hold
Accounts with the appropriate permissions can place emails from a search on legal hold. Applying a search-level hold ensures that specific emails remain on hold even if a matter-level legal hold is removed.
You can apply a search-level legal hold to assigned or unassigned searches.
To apply a search-level legal hold
- From the E-Discovery tab, select the Matters node to display the matters list in the main pane.
- Select the required matter from the matters list.
Under the Matters node a matter_name node appears for the selected matter.
- Under the Matters > matter_name node, expand Saved Searches.
- Expand the Unassigned Searches or Assigned Searches node that contains the Saved Search to which you want to apply the search-level legal hold.
- Select the required Saved Search.
- Click Legal Hold.
To remove a legal hold after it has been applied, click Legal Hold.