Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- About the Advanced eDiscovery user interface
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- About Targeted Collections
- About labels
- About Tags
- About Searches in investigation
- About Mail Reassignment
- Working with the searched collaboration messages
- About Advanced ECA searches
- Case management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
Filtering an Advanced ECA search
To filter an Advanced ECA search
- On the Investigations tab, select Managed Accounts.
- Select the already existing Advanced ECA search that you want to filter.
The search opens in the right pane.
- Expand Search Criteria to view the criteria based on which this Advanced ECA search is created. You cannot edit the search criteria of Advanced ECA search.
- Expand Filters, and click Apply to view the total number of records captured while saving this Advanced ECA search.
Clicking Apply is a mandatory action to view correct number of filtered records in the Advanced ECA search.
Each Advanced ECA search is limited to maximum 250000 records at a time. Out of 250000 email records, the application displays only 50000 email records to users based on the filters applied. Users need to set the filter criteria carefully to filter desired archived emails.
If number of filtered email messages is greater than 50000, the application displays the following message:
Too many items match the filter. The review set is capped at 50000 items.
- Under Filters, select or clear corresponding filter options.
The Filters section provides the following filter options that you can select or clear based on the idea of record analysis. To reset all filter options simultaneously, click Clear. You cannot save the filter criteria. After you clear the filter options, you need to set the filter options again.
Specify any word or a term that is used in the Subject statement of a Search item.
Specify the author of that email or message.
Select this option to filter records based on format type.
Selects items that are traveling in a certain direction (incoming, outgoing, or interoffice communications).
Specify the duration of the records you want to search. You can customize the date range.
Selects items by the policy action with which your policy management software has tagged them. This action can be one of the following:
Inclusion (demands or suggests capture)
Exclusion (precludes capture or advocates non-capture)
No Action (the item is subject to normal random sampling)
Specify the specific policy with which your policy management software has tagged the items you want to filter.
Select the specific tags to filter items to which these tags are applied.
Select the specific labels to filter items to which these labels are applied.
Specify if you want to filter records that have or have not the attachments to them.
- Click Apply to view the filtered records from the selected Advanced ECA search.