Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- About the Advanced eDiscovery user interface
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- Managing investigations
- About Targeted Collections
- About Searches in investigation
- Working with searched emails
- Working with searched collaboration messages
- Working with searched files
- Working with Advanced ECA searches
- Applying tags to the Advanced ECA search items
- Applying labels to the Advanced ECA search items
- Exporting the Advanced ECA search items
- Exporting an Advanced ECA search summary report
- About Mail Reassignment
- About labels
- About legal holds
- About Tags
- Managing cases
- About searches in eDiscovery
- Managing reviews
- Reviewing emails
- Reviewing collaboration messages
- Reviewing files
- Annotating and redacting content in native viewer
- Managing exports
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
To export emails
- On the eDiscovery tab, click Cases.
- Search for and select the case in which you want to search emails.
The selected Case_Name node appears below Cases.
- Click New Search to create a new search. Else, expand Research Sets or Review Sets to select existing search.
You can access existing saved searches of the selected case from the Review Set and Research Set nodes. Alternatively, you can click New Search, specify a new criteria in the Advanced Search or the Query Search option to search for new emails for review.
After performing a new search or accessing the existing searches from review set and research sets, the application displays the filtered emails, collaboration messages, and files in the details pane.
- On the Emails tab, select the emails you want to export. Click Export, and do any of the following:
Click Export current page to export all the emails displayed on the selected page.
Click Export selected emails to export all the selected emails from the search.
Click Export all emails to export all the emails available search.
Click Export by custodians to export all the emails from the selected custodians.
- Click Export, and do any of the following:
- If you are exporting all emails in the search, all emails displayed on the page, or selected emails, in the Export Options dialog box, do the following:
Select the appropriate message format to export the batch. By default, it is JSON.
Exclude Exported Messages
Select this option to exclude the exported messages.
Enable AES-256 Encryption
Select this check-box if you want to secure the access of the downloaded export batch.
Provide the name for the batch you want to export. By default, it takes the Search Name. You can change it if required.
Enter the password that you want end user to provide when they access this exported batch of messages.
Repeat the same password for confirmation.
Click Select Admin to choose the recipients of this batch export and click Update.
You need to manually share the Export Password with the administrators and follow all the security specific rules of the organization.
- If you are exporting emails by custodians, in the Add/Remove Custodians dialog box, search for and select the custodians.
- Click Export.
The exported batch can either gets downloaded as a single or multiple file segments.
- Click Click here to download the exported batch of emails.
- To confirm the status of batch export, on to eDiscovery tab, under the selected case node, select Exports, and search this export batch name.