Enterprise Vault Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Enterprise Vault Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- Case management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
NOT operator search
The NOT operator can be inserted in between two search terms to specify that the first term must be present, and the second term must be absent. For example:
cloud NOT computing
Enterprise Vault.cloud also lets you begin a search with a NOT operator. For example:
NOT "cloud computing"
This search attempts to return every item that does not include the phrase cloud computing.
Searches that begin with a NOT operator may fail to complete due to the large number of matching results, especially if you have a large message archive.