Enterprise Vault Discovery.cloud User Guide
- About Enterprise Vault Discovery.cloud
- Getting started with Discovery.cloud
- Discovery.cloud roles
- Matter management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Discovery.cloud alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching matters and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Discovery.cloud Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Discovery.cloud updates in previous releases
Searching tables, lists, and reports
Quick Search provides a fast way to search tables and reports in Discovery.cloud. For some of the more complex tables and reports Criteria Search is also available. Criteria Search enables you to search within specific table columns.
Quick Search and Criteria Search do not support phrase search, Boolean operators, proximity search, or wildcard search. Searches are not case-sensitive.
To search tables, lists, and reports
- In Discovery.cloud browse to the page that contains the table, list or report that you want to search.
The following figure shows an example of the Quick Search interface, in this case in the Matter List node on the E-Discovery tab:
If a Criteria Search is available in addition to the Quick Search, an Expand icon is present at the end of Search box, as shown here on the Reviewers node:
To perform a Quick Search, enter a search term in the Search box. Note the following:
In most cases the search begins as soon as you enter the text.
The search is performed on the most significant column of the table, such as the email address, the matter name, the user, the export name, the search criteria, or the after value.
Search terms can consist of complete or partial words. Quick Search does not support phrase search, Boolean operators, proximity search, or wildcard search.
Searches are not case-sensitive.
- To perform a Criteria Search, click the Expand icon at the end of the Quick Search box The Criteria Search options are displayed.
On pages that support Criteria Search you can perform a search on specific table criteria. Criteria Search is available on the following pages:
Investigations tab > Managed Accounts > Accounts
E-Discovery tab > Administration > Reviewers
E-Discovery tab > Matters > Matter Name > Matter History
Alerts tab > Policy Alert
The following figure shows an example of the Criteria Search interface. The search fields vary, depending on the table or report.
Enter your search terms in one or more of the search boxes. Search terms can consist of complete and partial words. Searches are not case-sensitive. Phrase search, Boolean operators, proximity search, and wildcard search are not supported.
Discovery.cloud returns the search results as you enter the criteria. As you add more criteria the search is filtered on those criteria.