Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- About the Advanced eDiscovery user interface
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- About Targeted Collections
- About labels
- About Tags
- About Searches in investigation
- About Mail Reassignment
- Working with the searched collaboration messages
- About Advanced ECA searches
- Case management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
Searching tables, lists, and reports
Quick Search provides a fast way to search tables and reports in Advanced eDiscovery. For some of the more complex tables and reports Criteria Search is also available. Criteria Search enables you to search within specific table columns.
Quick Search and Criteria Search do not support phrase search, Boolean operators, proximity search, or wildcard search. Searches are not case-sensitive.
To search tables, lists, and reports
- In Advanced eDiscovery browse to the page that contains the table, list or report that you want to search.
The Quick Search interface is visible.
If a Criteria Search is available in addition to the Quick Search, an Expand icon is present at the end of Search box, as shown here on the Reviewers node:
To perform a Quick Search, enter a search term in the Search box. Note the following:
In most cases the search begins as soon as you enter the text.
The search is performed on the most significant column of the table, such as the email address, the case name, the user, the export name, the search criteria, or the after value.
Search terms can consist of complete or partial words. Quick Search does not support phrase search, Boolean operators, proximity search, or wildcard search.
Searches are not case-sensitive.
- To perform a Criteria Search, click the Expand icon at the end of the Quick Search box, the Criteria Search option is displayed.
On pages that support Criteria Search you can perform a search on specific table criteria. Criteria Search is available on the following pages:
Investigations tab > Managed Accounts > Accounts
eDiscovery tab > Administration > Reviewers
eDiscovery tab > Cases > Case Name > Case History
Alerts tab > Policy Alert
Enter your search terms in one or more of the search boxes. Search terms can consist of complete and partial words. Searches are not case-sensitive. Phrase search, Boolean operators, proximity search, and wildcard search are not supported.
Advanced eDiscovery returns the search results as you enter the criteria. As you add more criteria the search is filtered on those criteria.