Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- About the Advanced eDiscovery user interface
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- About Targeted Collections
- About labels
- About Tags
- About Searches in investigation
- About Mail Reassignment
- Working with the searched collaboration messages
- About Advanced ECA searches
- Case management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
Creating an Advanced ECA search
You can create an advanced ECA search in the following ways:
Create a new search and save it as an Advanved ECA search, as explained in this section.
Update the existing standard search under the Managed Accounts node.
Refer to the step 4 of Updating an on-going or a standard search from the Managed Accounts node
To create an Advanced ECA search
- On the Investigations tab, select Managed Accounts > New Search.
- Perform an Advanced Search or a Query Search, and click Save Search.
- In the Save Search dialog box, enter a unique name for the search.
- Select Advanced ECA.
After you select the Advanced ECA check box, the application disables the Tag name field, the On-going check box, and the Legal Hold check box.
- To send this search to a particular case, select Send to Case, and select a valid case from the drop-down list.
The Keep copy in Investigations remains selected by default. When you send the Advanced ECA search from the Investigations tab to a Case in the eDiscovery tab, it gets saved under Research Sets. After sending this Advanced ECA search to Case, it may show different result (email count) depending on the custodians selected in the Case Setup option.
- Click Save.
The application saves a search under the Advanced ECA node. Each Advanced ECA search is limited to maximum 250000 records at a time.
If the Advanced ECA search processing fails, you need to click Please try again to retry processing. If this search fails consecutively, you need to delete the search and create a new search again.